Best time to but Dish stock?

reallyniceguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 11, 2008
thorton, co
I saw it for like... 14 dllrs... !! o.0

a few days back.. would it be a best time to buy stock?

I mean.. how much lower can it go? 5 dllrs? lol

I think its going to go up.. i havent checked it today tho.

lower if dish loses to tivo.. tivo will shoot through the roof if that happens.. though I doubt it.. most likely you'll see a short lived spike in dish's price..

When it hits 12 cents. The Dow will lose a lot more yet. The US financial system is in ruin. There is much more bloodletting to come. You can't live on credit forever and the feces are just starting to hit the fan.

lower if dish loses to tivo.. tivo will shoot through the roof if that happens.. though I doubt it.. most likely you'll see a short lived spike in dish's price..

Didn't that just get settled? Supreme Court refused to hear it, so Dish loses? Not sure it could shoot thru the roof. Probably bought them some time, but without a better business plan, they're still doomed.

but what about the millions of dih customers that dont even care to have a dvr?

When I worked for these guys, i was in the spanish department.. no one really cared for a dvr.

They just wanted their latino channels lol

Im sure they can remain profitable...

Their stock went up 3 dllrs, if it goes up at least 10 dllr more ill get some and sell em right away.

Ask the Enron shareholders ;)

Seriously, I think E*s glory days are behind them. We owned the stock back in the late '90s and saw it triple in 2 years. Won't ever see that again, as the technology is mature and the competition is now well entrenched.

I saw it for like... 14 dllrs... !! o.0

a few days back.. would it be a best time to buy stock?

I think its going to go up.. i havent checked it today tho.

Here's a tip: Buy it when it reaches its all time low and then sell it when it reaches its all time high. Good luck!

If you haven't figured out that the stock market is just legalized gambling, then you are probably in line for more financial pain.

If I had to guess I would say it would go down more when they release their numbers for the quarter. I am expecting it to be a bad number and the market to react accordingly.

Note I am not a stock broker, nor do I knowingly own any stock in any satellite company. (Unless my 401k somehow has some satellite stock in it which I don't know about) so invest on your own accord. :)

Here's a tip: Buy it when it reaches its all time low and then sell it when it reaches its all time high. Good luck!

If you haven't figured out that the stock market is just legalized gambling, then you are probably in line for more financial pain.
+1. Hell, I think I'd have better luck burying money in the backyard. At least I know it'll still be there a day, month or year from now..

Didn't that just get settled? Supreme Court refused to hear it, so Dish loses? ...
The original appeal is over but not the contempt issue, the disabling the dvr's issue, the continued infringement issue, the new receivers possibly infringing issue, etc....:(

Carl B said:
And there is more outside manipulation of the markets than simply playing blackjack...
Voyager6 said:
The original appeal is over but not the contempt issue, the disabling the dvr's issue, the continued infringement issue, the new receivers possibly infringing issue, etc....
That appears to be the largest problem. It is unknown if there is any pricing drag on DISH or SATS stock dependent upon the next court action.

The fact the Supreme Court wouldn't hear an appeal of the original April, 2006 case just puts that part of this litigation in the record books. It technically didn't cost DISH/SATS anything, as they already wrote-off the $100M expense back in September, 2006, when they put the money in escrow.

So next on the litigation agenda is an assessment of damages from the original award, from September 2006 to April 2008, as well as a ruling whether or not DISH/SATS has followed the court's order to disable the DVR's which were found infringing. That ruling should be handed down over the next month.

Personally, I'd wait until that court ruling, and buy within 48 hours. If it is bad news for DISH/SATS, it will drag on the stock. If it is good news, the price may go up the next day and probably reverse a bit the following day.

Of course, all of this is dependent upon subscriber numbers. If those are released between then and now, and are negative in subscriber growth, I'd sit on my hands.

Well had the OP bought some before his first post, and sold it today, he would have made some money, but if he bought some today, I can't tell him if he will make or lose money tomorrow or a week from now:)

Didn't that just get settled? Supreme Court refused to hear it, so Dish loses? Not sure it could shoot thru the roof. Probably bought them some time, but without a better business plan, they're still doomed.

negative.. dish & tivo will be back in court to decide if they are STILL infringing.. if they are dish's stock poo's and tivo's goes through the roof.. visa versa if it comes out the other way around (though not as much as if tivo wins)

EDIT: I had 300-400 shares of tivo at 5.50ish and sold around 6.50ish.. I dont dare touch dish's stock yet.. and I've moved on to other profits.. :p

When it hits 12 cents. The Dow will lose a lot more yet. The US financial system is in ruin. There is much more bloodletting to come. You can't live on credit forever and the feces are just starting to hit the fan.

Not. (But you do win the monthly SG Gullibility Prize for October.)

Oil and all the other commodities have just come down big time, thus producing deflation. Since inflation is the only downside to printing money, the Fed is printing a lot of it, and injecting it into the economy.

Starting on November 5th, you will not hear one word about the economic situation on any media for several years (just like this past week you heard nothing about the Beijing Olympics - even though in August, that was all you heard about).

All that money will show up in the economy in 2009, and whoever is elected will take credit for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)