Best to remove protective/anti glare screen?

K4LK said:
If you have any toddlers or dogs in the house then definitely not. Otherwise, do it. Removing the protective panel on my Pioneer Elite Pro-510HD improved contrast.

Dana
Mine was removed last week by my ISF calib. tech-picture def. sharper as a result.

The 'kid' is 32 and lives in Iowa, and the two weenie dogs can't reach the screen, so we took it off.

eschu97611--I also had ISF calibration last week, largely based on your thread. It was worth it, so THANKS.

The Stone Man said:
The 'kid' is 32 and lives in Iowa, and the two weenie dogs can't reach the screen, so we took it off.

eschu97611--I also had ISF calibration last week, largely based on your thread. It was worth it, so THANKS.
No problem Stone-pretty happy with my calibration too, except that I couldn't resist turning up some of my user settings, i.e. contrast and color.

Happy now I can hook up my video games systems as I was told by the tech that with a calibration, rptvs are far less prone to "burn-in" issues(just an aside related to the calib.-sorry)

I took mine off, but I didn't like the results. It gave the TV a "matte" finish I really didn't like. Instead of glare, I got washed out colors/picture.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)