Best way to add VOOM?

braak

Original poster
Dec 3, 2005
Wisconsin
Hi all,
I want to add VOOm to my setup. I called Dish but they told me I need a Dish 1000 or another dish. I presently have a SuperDish with a DP34 pointed at 110, 119, and 121. I have two receivers, a 811 and a 311. What is the best way to set this up? The Dish 1000 alone can't do it cause I need to see 4 birds. So I would need a 2nd dish anyway. Do I use a 500 dish pointed at 129 and a DP21 in the coax to the 811? Can I just hang another LNB on the present dish? I have an old Directv dish in the garage. Can I use that for 129? I'd hate to have to buy another dish and a DP44 just to make this work. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Bruce

Hi, welcome to the site!

Yes you can buy just a DP21 to go into the line that feeds your 811 and buy a DP Dual (or single) LNB and rig it to the superdish so that it picks up 129.

Good Luck!

Thanks BFG.
Is there someplace to get the Y adapter they use on the Dish 1000 to mount both LNBs? Maybe I need to hunt around on E-bay. Buy a whole dish for parts? What about a directv LNB, will that work with this setup?
Thanks for your help,
Bruce

Actually folks have been able to get 129 just by placing a lolipop stick in between the lnb and on the side of the superdish and zip tying it. We have a thread here with I think goaliebob doing it. I'm looking for it now...

I looked thru the old post but I couldn't find a picture or explanation of what goaliebob did with the popsicle stick. If he tweaked the 121 LNB over so it got 129 I can't do that cause my locals are on 121. Also, my dish seems to be backwards from the way most of the superdish setups are. I have a single or dual LNB on the West side of the twin. Presumably they are using that for 110 and the twin for 119/121. I figure I can hang another LNB on the East side of the twin for 129. Or maybe I don't know what I am doing, yet. Keep the info coming.

I think you've got it - except that the 119/121 LNB is NOT referred to as a "Twin".

A Twin is what's normally found on a Dish 500, and is not suitable for this setup - too big to be stable. Just get a DP Dual, and a DP-21 (or two - so you're set for a 921/942 upgrade ;) ).

"I think you've got it - except that the 119/121 LNB is NOT referred to as a "Twin"."
Yes, I found that out after I posted the previous. But you knew what I meant. Now I just need to scrounge up the parts. Thanks to everyone for all your help.
Bye

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)