Best Way To Avoid Rain Fade

Don't you mean throttle up the FEC?

E-11 is a powerful bird and is very capable of QPSK 7/8 FEC. Not sure of the weather in your area but even at times on my 90cm I can see rainfade on DishNetwork birds in down pours here. Just the nature of the beast with 12.2ghz-12.7ghz signals.

Yes, I did mean "throttle up." I was thinking of Dish "backing off" from its attitude and necessity for its current high channel per Tp and current FEC rates and loving the PQ and less rain fade of the old days. Yes, to my experience, LESS rain fade before the more powerful birds. Yes, increased signal strength on those clear days, but more rainfade, anecdotaly, for me.

Last edited:
The DS-2077 comes with a heftier mounting post, so you should count on removing your old one and replacing it. Other than that this is a pretty simple upgrade as the Dish LNBs bolt onto the DS-2077 just like their own. I doubt you would see any real improvement with a 90 cm dish over a 76 cm; the DS-2077 is a fairly efficient reflector and is only slightly lower in sensitivity than most 90 cm dishes.

Thanks so much. I will keep this in mind if the tech can't solve things on Monday.

Pendragon - yes I am plugged to a phone line. Thanks. I tried looking in setup for this info but couldn't figure out where it is stored.

Okay. E* CSR called me today and said that they had detected I had low signals and they want to send a tech to the house to fix for free. Is this legit? Does my receiver report back all the problems somehow? Is there a catch and they're trying to sell me something? They're sending someone on Monday.

If connected to phone/internet, it reports status once a week. Definitely include things like LNB status.

Whether or not big brother is watching your viewing habits is another question.

The DS-2077 comes with a heftier mounting post, so you should count on removing your old one and replacing it. Other than that this is a pretty simple upgrade as the Dish LNBs bolt onto the DS-2077 just like their own. I doubt you would see any real improvement with a 90 cm dish over a 76 cm; the DS-2077 is a fairly efficient reflector and is only slightly lower in sensitivity than most 90 cm dishes.

One other thing, I forgot, do I use the same pointing coordinates from the dishpointer sight. Are they the same no matter the size of the dish? Also dishpointer says -12.5 skew and the dish I have now is set to 0 skew. I have read a lot of posts that indicate 0 skew for one sat position.

One other thing, I forgot, do I use the same pointing coordinates from the dishpointer sight. Are they the same no matter the size of the dish? Also dishpointer says -12.5 skew and the dish I have now is set to 0 skew. I have read a lot of posts that indicate 0 skew for one sat position.

Dishpointer should give the right values for azimuth and elevation. You are correct, there is no point in skewing a one satellite dish when receiving circular polarization as employed by E* and D*.

Okay. E* CSR called me today and said that they had detected I had low signals and they want to send a tech to the house to fix for free. Is this legit? Does my receiver report back all the problems somehow? Is there a catch and they're trying to sell me something? They're sending someone on Monday.

What it reports is called set top box health, STBH for short. Your problem is most likely trees getting in the way when the wind blows, and not rain fade. I'm guessing your dish needs to be moved, not realigned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)