Best way to hook-up my laptop to my TV??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hdqboss

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
NE Ohio
Merry Christmas to all....

I want to hook-up my Dell laptop to my Sony KDS-60A2000 TV. My plan is to use my Creative X-FI Xtreme Audio Notebook card to run the audio to my a/v receiver. The laptop has a S-Video TV-out connector which the TV can accomodate. Is the best video option to run the S-Video cable directly to the TV? Is there an advantage to using a component video adapter between the laptop and TV. Are there other - better options? :confused:

Thanks,

No, don't use S-video connection at all! This is a very low (SD) quality port. You won't be able to read anything.
You need to use a higher quality video connection. The Sony KDS-60A2000 has a VGA port. Most Dell laptops have it too. So, use that instead!

Agree with Ilya. I have an XPS M1210 that I use when traveling. I also have a small DELL DLP projector that I connect with the VGA connection and I can display HDTV through that. It doesn't get any better quality unless you have a laptop with HDMI output. I also have the SVHS adapter cable too. This is a useful adapter to have in your travel kit when the hotel walls won't work for the adapter and the TV has a video/audio input. When this happens I usually connect the composite or Y/C cable up and watch DVD's played on the laptop and watched on the TV monitor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)