Best way to remove snow

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
took less then 1" to kill my HD signal. (500 pointed at 61.5) still got SD for a while. about 2" that went too. garden hose and sprayer JUST reached!!! (roof mount on 2nd story roof) but it worked fine!

A regular broom....or a black trashbag work fine. You have a pole-mount, so your dish is accessible. The signals go right through the bag and if you need to pull the bag off, shake off the ice and put it back on, have at it. But if your signal doesn't go out, don't worry about it. I'm in 6 inches of snow now and having no issues with my signal

I am sitting here in CT with 24" of snow outside and still snowing. Satellite dish covered in snow, yet have not lost signal. Kudos to Eastern Arc Dish .... works great!!!!

cjwct said:
I am sitting here in CT with 24" of snow outside and still snowing. Satellite dish covered in snow, yet have not lost signal. Kudos to Eastern Arc Dish .... works great!!!!

I lost signal on Directv but not on the Dish Eastern Arc (I didn't check the western arc dish) I took a picture of why it wasn't working so good that I will post later.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I lost signal on Directv but not on the Dish Eastern Arc (I didn't check the western arc dish) I took a picture of why it wasn't working so good that I will post later.

Believe this storm Scott? They are reporting totals of 35-38" here in Glastonbury by tomorrow morning
:-(

Believe this storm Scott? They are reporting totals of 35-38" here in Glastonbury by tomorrow morning
:-(

I can't imagine that much snow. We got 1/4'' sleet and 5'' of snow and have been shut down for 3 days basically. It is so cold that much of it has not thawed and what does thaw re-freezes overnight making the roads dangerous. If we had that much, it would be 2 weeks to recover here.

bobvick said:
I can't imagine that much snow. We got 1/4'' sleet and 5'' of snow and have been shut down for 3 days basically. It is so cold that much of it has not thawed and what does thaw re-freezes overnight making the roads dangerous. If we had that much, it would be 2 weeks to recover here.

I haven't seen plows or anything, but I think they are waiting for it to taper off. I suspect 2 days of cleanup until next Tuesday's storm ... lol

I understand now.:D
How is the weather over your way? It is terrible here. I wish I had a desk job when it's like this outside.

Thank GOD, for living in the southeast part of Texas. (Never thought I would say that out loud):p

No snow, no ice and not even rain right now.

It's nasty. We're up to maybe 16, 18 inches or so, with 30-40 mph winds. Temp at 14. I've a flooring installation business, and have been unable to get to any of my jobs this week. Most of December was the same way too. Hopefully we can get out and be productive next week. :)

It's nasty. We're up to maybe 16, 18 inches or so, with 30-40 mph winds. Temp at 14. I've a flooring installation business, and have been unable to get to any of my jobs this week. Most of December was the same way too.
Hopefully we can get out and be productive next week.
:)

I hope you can too, no money sitting at the house.
Had an E* job Mon in the big Metro of Mountain Shi**y, nlos for WA so had to modify for EA with a wing. Didn't have EA equipment at the time. Going back tomorrow to install. The bad part is I can't my truck within 300 yards of this house. Between the snow & the steep driveway there ain't no way. The homeowner is going to shuttle me back & forth with his rtv. I can't wait....:rolleyes:

Scott works for the NSA, nuff said! ;)
No I don't work for the NSA but I believe we have a staff member who might. ;) (And thats all I can say about that.)

I have quite a number of DISH's here. Running a dite like this I need to be able to see the Eastern Arc and Western Arc just incase someone has or reports an issue. In addition the Western Arc stuff is used by our uplink PC.

So we have the following...

DISH 500 pointed at 110 & 119. DISH 300 pointed at 61.5. DISH 1000.4 DISH pointed at 61.5, 72.7 and 77 degrees, a DIRECTV 5 LNB dish. 8 foot movable C Band DISH and a 4 foot movable KU band dish. Unlike other satellite site owners I actually like and use satellite technology. :D

Attachments

• uplinkdish.jpg
    uplinkdish.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 184
  • snowdish1.jpg
    snowdish1.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 206
  • snowdish2.jpg
    snowdish2.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 192
  • snowdish3.jpg
    snowdish3.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 182
  • snowdish4.jpg
    snowdish4.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 192

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts