Best way to run 2 tv's from tv2 output...(DVR625)

RocketFoot

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2005
Southwestern PA
Here is what I want to do. I have a tv upstairs and I am adding a tv to the gameroom. Do I want to split the TV2 output with a coax splitter or can I use the RCA outputs (labeled TV2 Home distribution) in conjunction with the TV2 coax output going upstairs? Suggestions please...

PS...I bought a second DVR UHF remote to use in the gameroom...

RocketFoot said:
Here is what I want to do. I have a tv upstairs and I am adding a tv to the gameroom. Do I want to split the TV2 output with a coax splitter or can I use the RCA outputs (labeled TV2 Home distribution) in conjunction with the TV2 coax output going upstairs? Suggestions please...

PS...I bought a second DVR UHF remote to use in the gameroom...
You can take TV2 RF out and split in using a coupler but bare in mind both the upstairs TV and the one in the gameroom will show the same program.

You can not use the RCA output because they can't run long distances without degrading the signal.

The second UHF remote will interferre with the first UHF remote for TV2 if used at the same time. You might as well just bring the remote to the other room when needed. Since you already have two of them it won't be a problem as long as both remotes aren't in use at the same time.

Thanks, Looks like coax splitter is the way to go. I have about 15 feet of cable to go from the receiver to the new TV, so RCA cables are out.

I do know that both tv's will play the same channel and it is not an issue, becuase we only watch the upstairs tv when the kids are in bed, so no one will be using both tv's at the same time.

PS...Shhh, Santa is bringing the kids a PS2 for the gameroom, so I just figured this would be a good way to ad TV & DVR to the gameroom with very little extra cost! (FREE, other than the coax and splitter, which I already have!) No extra receiver fees either!!

Thanks for the advice!

At 15 feet you can easily use RCA cables if you want and will give much better results than using a splitter on the RF output.

I've seen an installation that used a high grade composite video cable, with good shielding, that worked very well at a 50' length. But it was a lot more expensive than running RG-59.

Well, It's Done!

I installed the 3rd tv Saturday by splitting my RF output to tv2. Everything turned out great and it was really easy to do! The new uhf remote works perfect after I programmed the address to the same as the upstairs tv2 uhf remote. I now have a fully operational gameroom...all we need now is for Santa to bring the PS2 complete with racing steering wheels! Thanks for the advice...everyone!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)