Best way to run cable in from outside wall?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TiminMb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I want to place my receiver in the family room. It has an outside wall. There are no unfinished rooms next door or beneath. Simplest method would seem to be to run the cable in directly from outside. I'd hate to make a hole just for a single piece of coax, then discover I want to add more cables or need to replace it. Should I run a small tube thru the stucco wall from outside into the interior, run my cables thru it and stuff it full of foam to seal it? It will be concealed behind an entertainment centre, but I want to do this in a professional appearing manner as this is a new home.

As a installer I would not drill through stucco. Iwould try to find another way. Just my 2 cents

I'm in the same situation, only I need to get Satellite ribbon cable in through the stucco :(. I'm thinking of putting a standard cable box outside and put a regular 'clamp to the drywall' 1 gang box in the wall.

I'm exploring options. In my case it's an exterior stucco wall and the house is two story.

The only possible way that I can see to do this and allow for future upgrade would be to install an outside electrical wall box like the ones they use for electrical all weather outlettes into the outside stucco wall and put an indoor one directly behind it. The all weather box should allow you to pop a dimple out of the back to run close to 6 coax lines through comfortably and the same for the inside one though you would not have to have a box as you could get a mudplate instead. If you install the all weather box you have to carefully cut the stucco to the dimensions of the box and when its in be sure to seal it good against the stucco. Obviously you would want to secure the box to a stud for support so that the stucco doesnt get damaged from movement of the box. You would most likely have to fabricate a closure for the box to to keep weather and bugs out, I would go to your local hardware and talk to the hopefully knowledgable experts there before doing something like this as Im guessing that this would work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts