Best Way to Set This Up

Yog-Sothoth

Original poster
Jun 19, 2004
I currently have a 510 and a 301 system. I got my system a couple of months before I got my tax refund, so I couldn't afford the HDTV-in-a-Box system at the time. I now have the RCA D34W20, which I believe is the same TV you get with the system anyway (I got mine in February for about $900). I want to add the 811 (hopefully with the latest firmware) and take out the 301. I would really like to keep the 511 also connected to my HDTV for recording programs (the DVD 921 is out of the question). My assumption would be to have a second line run to my living room (for the 811), and connect a wireless A/V transmitter to the 510 and send the signal to where the 301 is now (In the bedroom). I believe there would be a way to set the receivers so that the remote controls would not interfere with one another (in the living room). Am I correct in all this? Thanks in advance.

Well, I've never heard of a 511, so I can't answer. Closest I know of is 501, 510, and 521. Generally, yes, the remotes can be set to different addresses (your User Manual is your Friend). All Dish receivers that are online will automatically download current firmware as long as you don't set the option to prevent it.

As for using a wireless A/V repeater, yes that will work, but another solution is to use diplexers to send the TV signal up the wire to near the existing bedroom feed and tap it off there. The installer that does the second satellite feed to the livingroom SHOULD know how to do this.

I've never heard of a 511

I made a typo twice; I went back and made the changes.

another solution is to use diplexers to send the TV signal up the wire to near the existing bedroom feed and tap it off there

I guess I could use the RF output of the DVR and send it up to the TV in the bedroom. Does the RF output send a stereo audio output? If so, I could save money by hooking it up that way (and use the UHF remote).

The other option would be to have the DVR in the bedroom and use a wireless A/V transmitter with that, though I wouldn't have Dolby Digital from the DVR downstairs using that sort of setup.

Thanks.

Yog-Sothoth said:
... I guess I could use the RF output of the DVR and send it up to the TV in the bedroom. Does the RF output send a stereo audio output? If so, I could save money by hooking it up that way (and use the UHF remote).

Thanks.
According to the 510's Manual, page 18 (hint ;) ), the RF output is mono.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts