Best way to upgrade from a 625 to a 622 or 722

Jason Kragt

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 8, 2004
Some friends of mine just bought a HDTV. They asked me about Dish HDTV receivers and how much they cost. I was able to figure out that what they want is either a 622 or 722. They love the DVR capabilites and distribute video to a couple of other rooms in the house on channel 60. However, I'm not sure what the current upgrade offers are anymore. (I also don't trust Dish Network Customer Service because it seems that different people often give different answers--something that I have used to my advantage in the past. :) )

Do you have any suggestions on how best to move out of a leased 625 and up to a leased 622 or 722? I'm assuming there is some type of one-time upcharge. How much? This will be the only receiver on their account. They subscribe to a pretty basic programming package now and just want to add a few channels like TNT, TBS, CNN, Weather Channel, ESPN, Discovery, etc. in HD for an additional $10 per month.

They also will want to add a 61.5 wing dish since their HD locals are only on that satellite.

How much should they be prepared to fork out?

There is a program for exactly that, called "Dish'n' It Up".

The price varies depending on the customer's number of years as a customer and monthly subscription cost.

The price can vary quite a bit, so it is no use to get other people's experience. Yes, different CSRs might say different things, so they should get more than one CSR's "quote" before committing.

It does include installation of the dish necessary to receive HD.

Usually, first time subscribers to HD get a monthly credit for a certain number of months or some such.

PS the 622 and 722 use software that works exactly like the 625 (or 522) so it should be no difference for them - except for the extra channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts