Best website with maps of OTA stations?

BarnRat

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 30, 2021
SW USA
I can't remember where I saw it, maybe on this site, but it was a website with a map of all the surrounding OTA stations (given a center location), names (call sign), locations, frequencies, channel number, etc.. With an internet search I found a few but none seem to have all the info . . .

I can't remember where I saw it, maybe on this site, but it was a website with a map of all the surrounding OTA stations (given a center location), names (call sign), locations, frequencies, channel number, etc.. With an internet search I found a few but none seem to have all the info . . .
Www.Rabbitears.info
Click on listings or you can type in a call sign

I use an app on my phone that has a compass and locks in on the individual towers so you can lock the antenna and shows a green arrow for the right spot for reception. (DTV Antennas) It works and I easily peaked my ota antenna so I can get all my locals. It uses your location point to do it. I used it at my parents house too.

I use an app on my phone that has a compass and locks in on the individual towers so you can lock the antenna and shows a green arrow for the right spot for reception. (DTV Antennas) It works and I easily peaked my ota antenna so I can get all my locals. It uses your location point to do it. I used it at my parents house too.
What is the app's name?

Reactions: navychop
What does the L indicate under Repack Info?
Its old info that was used during the repack. The station moved to their new "repack" facility (RF station)

Repack Info - If this column is blank, then the station is not-repacked, or is an LPTV or translator station whose repack status is not being tracked. If this column contains a number, that is the phase during which this station is expected to transition to its post-repack channel. Otherwise:
  • L means it has already repacked and should be on its final licensed facility.
  • R means the station has moved to its new channel, but is at reduced coverage for some reason.
  • S means the station is believed to be off the air.
Note that if the last three columns are pink, that means the station is believed to be off the air. Additionally, if the last three columns are green, then the station is broadcasting in ATSC 3.0 (Next Gen TV).

Wonder if there is something similar for those people who use iPhones.

That's the app I use when we travel. A lot of Airbnb's don't have real TV services, so often I'll take along a streaming stick and a small flat indoor antenna if we're going to be somewhere for a week or so. I use that app to assist with aiming.