Better Call Saul

Haven't watched yet. Wanted to get a couple of episodes saved up to watch together. I expected to to be the same "draw you in" pace of BB. Sounds like maybe it didn't have that. Might watch the first two tonight.

I watched both episodes last night, well, I started the 2nd one, then finished it this morning... Watched Sunday's episode while # 2 was recording. I liked it -- didn't find it boring or (too) slow.

I bought the season pass on iTunes when I got home from work last night. I watched the first episode but the second one obviously wasn't up yet. I really liked it, especially the opening where they were showing his life after the events of Breaking Bad.

Even from the first episode, you can see that he was trying to be a good guy but bad circumstances pushed him into being the scummy lawyer we know him as now.

I must've dozed during this part, but is Chuck his father? That was the only part when my mind started to wander. It got better after that, and I'm looking forward to seeing last night's episode in later tonight...after Gotham of course.

I must've dozed during this part, but is Chuck his father? That was the only part when my mind started to wander. It got better after that, and I'm looking forward to seeing last night's episode in later tonight...after Gotham of course.
I think that's the case. Chuck asked him to change the name of his law firm in the first episode because Chuck McGill's name was part of the name of that big firm. Saul was going by Jimmy McGill in the first episode and got mad at Chuck when he told him he couldn't use his own name as the name of his law firm. He never flatout called him dad but it seemed like Chuck was either his father or basically an adopted father from that conversation.

I just watched episode 2 and I'm fully on board with this show. I don't have cable and I don't buy a ton of season passes on iTunes but I'm totally fine with the $20 I spent to get this show in 1080p with no commercials.

I watched the second episode last night, and I still don't think it's been explicitly stated what their relationship is, which I find odd especially given how much older Michael McKean is and looks in the show (the actor is 15 years older than Odenkirk IRL). I was joking in my post above about dozing or my mind wandering. In truth, I'm pretty OC about rewinding the recording if I missed or didn't quite understand a line of dialogue. I definitely caught the part about them having the same last name, but that could be from any number of possible relationships: father/son; step-father/son; uncle/nephew; cousins; brothers; step-brothers, coincidence, etc. Did I really miss them referring to one another as brothers, either to each other or someone else? (Yes, I'm being OC about this ;))

I watched the second episode last night, and I still don't think it's been explicitly stated what their relationship is, which I find odd especially given how much older Michael McKean is and looks in the show (the actor is 15 years older than Odenkirk IRL). I was joking in my post above about dozing or my mind wandering. In truth, I'm pretty OC about rewinding the recording if I missed or didn't quite understand a line of dialogue. I definitely caught the part about them having the same last name, but that could be from any number of possible relationships: father/son; step-father/son; uncle/nephew; cousins; brothers; step-brothers, coincidence, etc. Did I really miss them referring to one another as brothers, either to each other or someone else? (Yes, I'm being OC about this ;))

I don't think so. Hall posting the casting page is the first I have heard of them being brothers.

For anyone interested in reading about the "electrosensitive" syndrome which Chuck suffers from, there's an article in The Washingtonian entitled "The Town Without Wi-Fi."

(It won't let me post a link)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)