Better OTA reception with rabbit ears

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rcmojo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 2, 2004
Got Voom installed yesterday and I'm a happy camper with the Voom channels - everything looks great and no rain fade issues even with the 18" dish. OTA channels are a whole different story - my ota signal strength ranges from 15-70 (mostly stays at the lower end); my ota signal power is now at 0. It amazes me that with this fancy looking ota antenna on the roof (the wineguard) I can get better ota reception with rabbit ears in my living room. I tried to get the installer to run the ota cable separately but he wanted to charge extra $$. My question is this: Can I remove the diplexor and run the OTA line myself? Is there anything else required other than to run the separate line and connect to the stb? Any help is appreciated.

Before you go to the trouble, first go to antennaweb.org and make sure your OTA antenna is pointed in the right direction.

fwiw, from my experience, the diplexer doesn't greatly affect the signal quality. I mean, if you get crappy signal with a iplexer, chances are, you'll get somewhat less but still crappy signal w/o it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts