This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Better signal 1000.4 Eastern Arc using only 61.5w & 72w??

Falloutdude

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 9, 2014
Buffalo
Hi guys,

I currently have signal all three satellites 77w,72w &61.5w I do experience alot of rain fade.
Was wondering if I just set 61.5W & 72W will i get a better signal and how do I accomplish this?

With the 1000.4 you peak the signals on 61.5 & 72.7 forget about the 77. It won't make a major change but you should be able to improve the signal. This is one time you will want to adjust the skew.

That's as good as it gets with the EA sats.

You might try tweaking the elevation and azimuth of the dish to get just a little bit better signal, but without going to two separate single focus reflectors, one for 61.5 and one for 72.7, you will endure occasional rain fade from EA.

From my experience, yes, you will get signal increase with the two satellite dish. A few months ago Dish called me and told me that I had low satellite strength numbers and my dish needed to be re-pointed. Like you, I had the dish that looked at all three satellites. The tech tried for a long time and he could not get good enough signal strengths with that dish. Finally, he gave up and installed a new dish that only looked at 61.5 and 72.7. My signal strengths went up dramatically, and my rain fade is nearly non-existent. For me, the new dish really made a difference.

That explains why I never had significant rain fade issues on EA while others did. I always wondered why.

Here are my readings from my hopper 3 using my eastern arc 1000.2 sat dish with hybrid lnb that I installed a week ago Saturday:

72.7 sat

tp 12----- 64 strength
tp 16------62 strength
tp 17------55 strength
tp 21------54 strength

61.5 sat

tp 5-------57 strength
tp 7-------55 strength
tp 10------62 strength
tp 12------56 strength

Anything 50 or greater is supposed to be good signal for eastern arc lnb. I get 64 on spotbeam 20 for my locals on the 61.5 sat. So that is good for my area. Although I have noticed that I am having a little more rain fade than I did with my 1000.4 sat dish ,but that could be due to the amount of rain storms we have had all spring ,including this last Saturday and Sunday. But all in all I see very little difference in strengths using the new e.a. 1000.2 sat dish with hybrid lnb over the 1000.4 sat dish.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I wonder if there is a way to install WA hybrid lnbs on a 1000+ dish!

I doubt it . Different dishes use different arms for the lnb and the lnb wouldn't fit in the lnb slot for the bigger dish.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Reactions: charlesrshell