Better than cable?! Oooo yeah

KeithQ

Original poster
Jul 21, 2004
DFW
Just to report in, my install was this past Saturday morning. A Dallas/Ft Worth area company Metro Tech, did the work.

Our installer was on time, courteous, knowledgeable and a pretty nice guy. Even though he charged me $80 to fish a coax line down an inside wall right next to my Comcast line...

He placed the dish and antenna just below the roof peak, ran our line to a nearby vent and across the attic. Once we were hooked up, took about 25-30 minutes to get the set activated and ready. Told me it would take up to 24 hours for all the content to show up however after a single minor glitch, it was mostly all downloaded within an hour. (The receiver went off right after he left, saying it was not registered. A 10 minute phone call to customer support corrected it.)

Since we just moved in and have no DSL access, I also ordered Comcast for 'net access and had them put the dgital box with our big screen HDTV. There is just no comparison. We had Comcast up for a few days before Voom showed up and some content actually looked decent, especially Starz, the only premium we got (since it was free for 3 months). But after watching a few programs on Voom, we won't be spending too much time on cable!

I sold high-end electronics for a year and a half and have seen lots of great TVs and plenty of HDTV (from in-store DirecTV feeds and at customer homes). Voom does a great job, IMO, better than the limited content on their competitors. Love all the choices and the fact that they don't play upconverted Hogan's Heroes repeats!

Cheers from DFW, a very happy new customer.
[Details: Hitachi 51" integrated HDTV, using DVI direct and optical to Yamaha RXV2400 for surround.]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts