BEV 82w channels question

bryan27

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 5, 2004
Walsingham, ON
With VOOM on the possible demise I find myself seriously looking at BEV and subbing to the Digital Standard, Variety 3 pack, and HDTV Value Pack. I plan to just point at 82w.

A couple of the nets have a star next to them in the brochure that says "Channels May Vary By Region." I am wondering if there is anyone pointed at 82w that isn't receiving 222-CBC-Thunder Bay, 223-CTV-Thunder Bay, and 224-CBC-Kenora? Perhaps it only says channels may vary because you need to have a dish at 82w to receive them, I would like to know.

Thanks

If you want the packages you put, you would need a LNB at 91 also (a dish 500 works fine)

Most of the Networks (CBC & CTV) are owned by the network. However, there are some affiliates such as
CBC & CTV Thunder Bay
CBC Prince George
CBC & CTV Lloydminster
CTV Kenora
CBC Terrace

These are only available in their designated area. Now I know when I had EVu, they opened up Thunder Bay, Kenora, and I think Prince George...but it could be a glitch :)

Thunder Bay, Kenora and Prince George are still open. Lloydminter and Terrace are still regional only.

Some of the French Networks (SRC, TVA, and TQS) are regional as well. I get one of them because it's close to our summer home.

Eventually I'll might put a dish at 91w, that would be a summer project though, but I think you have to have digital standards before any other package. I have several dishes, LNBs, and switches laying around. As long as I can get a couple CBCs and CTVs on 82w I'll be satisfied. Dozens of stations with the same content seems a bit much and just a dish at 82w would be less to weed through :)

bryan27 said:
Eventually I'll might put a dish at 91w, that would be a summer project though, but I think you have to have digital standards before any other package. I have several dishes, LNBs, and switches laying around. As long as I can get a couple CBCs and CTVs on 82w I'll be satisfied. Dozens of stations with the same content seems a bit much and just a dish at 82w would be less to weed through :)

That is all probably true.

But I think all of your guide information comes from 91. You could get the programming from 82, but it would not have any program guide data. But I could be wrong.

Uplink said:
get a dish 500, and use that. keep the old mount. if youre paying for the 91 channels you might as well have them.

not much is on 82: http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/expressvu2.html
All the HDTV channels are on 82, which is what the OP wants.
I do agree in getting a dish 500 though. If he orders a receiver from someone such as kusat, as a new account, he'll get a dish 500 (with one dual lnb if not ordering a 6100, with 2 dual's and a SW-21 if ordering a 6100).
A twin is a simple thing to pick up to replace the lnb's that Bell provides.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I don't get those channels on mine. Its empty between 222 and 225.

I'm assuming Scott you can see both birds?

If so, that is weird because when they moved the "local" locals (Thunder Bay, Prince George, Kenora) they were mirrored on both for a month and then moved to 82. When they moved, a lot of us had them.

Is it possible that Thunder Bay and Kenora are Ontario only?
Course that doesn't explain Prince George still being on mine.

Scott, what province is your account set up in?

Another thought is that it depends on when you got setup. At one time I had the french networks. I later dropped them, but for some reason they remained on my recievers. Perhaps if you had service prior to the channel renumbering you keep them (Thunder Bay, Kenora, and Prince George), but if you get service after, you never get them.

Iceberg said:
I'm assuming Scott you can see both birds?

If so, that is weird because when they moved the "local" locals (Thunder Bay, Prince George, Kenora) they were mirrored on both for a month and then moved to 82. When they moved, a lot of us had them.
Whoops cant see both birds yet. I got the Dish 500, I just need 2 SW21's and then I will have both birds. :)

hahaha.
Personally i say make your life easier, and use a twin instead of the sw-21's. Can also go dishpro if your reciever is capable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)