BEV and Sunday Ticket

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

angiodan

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Cape Coral, Florida
Just have a couple of questions regarding ST. A coworker who is Dolphins fan (I know, poor guy!) was complaining how the games are always blacked out on ST since we live in South Florida, and even if they are on OTA, our local CBS isn't in HD yet. I started to tell him about BEV, but I just want to make sure I'm not giving him wrong info.

Does anyone know if any the games will be on N3, since we can't see that sat? How many HD games will BEV actually be showing? And is the phone line a requirement like it is for D* here in the US?

Thanks guys.

angiodan said:
Does anyone know if any the games will be on N3, since we can't see that sat?
knowing Bell, all of them. PPV is mostly on N3 right now
How many HD games will BEV actually be showing?
I understood it as many as the networks show
And is the phone line a requirement like it is for D* here in the US?

GOD NO!!! DO NOT PLUG IT INTO THE PHONE LINE!

If it dials out, Bell knows you would be a southern sub and nuke the box

So Iceberg, will the HD games also be on N3, or does BEV have space on N2?

In that case, I'm assuming Starchoice will also offer all the HD and SD games, without worrying about the sat footprint. I know the next question he will ask me, can he just subscribe to Sunday ticket, or does he need a min. programming package? I guess with both providers, he can always just subscribe for football season and then cancel if he's not using a broker and has a friends canadian address.

Thanks for the help!

Sorry Iceberg, another question! So basically, for standard def on BEV, he'll be out of luck. Does N2 have the capacity to run 8 games at once in HD? For that matter, does SC have that much capacity? He'd like to go toward BEV since he already has a Dish 500 that he isn't using.

angiodan said:
Does N2 have the capacity to run 8 games at once in HD? g.

have him check the CBS and FOX HD schedules to see how many games are actually in HD (CBS is planning 2 early + 1 late game in HD)

The new pricing is (in Cdn $)

Expressvu: Basic $27 + $10 for US HD Networks + $179 for Sunday Ticket

SC: $31 (includes 1 set of US nets SD + 2 sets (Detroit/Seattle) HD + TSN) plus $99 for Sunday Ticket.

Many people select the Digital Advantage package on SC because it can be setup to give Buffalo/Spokane in SD + Detroit/Seattle in HD + all the Canadian stations showing NFL (Global/CH). Cost $44/month.

Remember for anyone ordering Sunday Ticket thru Canadian sat providers; blackout provisions are in place for non sellouts of Bills/Lions/SeaHawks home games.

Satellite Expert said:
have him check the CBS and FOX HD schedules to see how many games are actually in HD (CBS is planning 2 early + 1 late game in HD)

Ok, so now I'm confused. I assumed that ST is going to offer all HD games in addition to national network feeds. That is why I was asking if the providers have bandwidth for all that HD. Isn't that why Direct is charging an extra $99, because of the option to watch the games in HD, and there is the big stink that the HD was included in Canada? Or am I missing something here?

All the games are NOT broadcast in HD - Sunday Ticket just passes along ALL Fox and CBS feeds. So if Fox or CBS don't do the game in HD; it ain't on Sunday Ticket in HD.

OK, so if FOX and CBS are the only feeds, that could still be 4-5 HD games at one time. So, I ask again, does BEV or Starchoice have bandwidth for all that?

BEV did last year, I don't see why this year would be any different. Just kill the HD PPV on Sunday afternoons.

SC doesn't, therefore no HD Sunday Ticket on SC (and lower price due to that)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)