BEV HD equipment in Boston MA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

canuckMA

Original poster
Dec 31, 2005
I got a BEV HD 6100 receiver for Christmas while back in NS. I need to buy a dish locally and get it installed. What hardware do I need to purchase? 20 inch dish?? 30 inch dish?? Switches? LNB set up???

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I'm in South Boston and bought a 6200 system from KuSat in Canada last year.
They also sell dishes separately. I know its far from local, but shipping was fast.
I installed it on my rooftop myself. It was much easier to install than my DirectTV 3 lnb dish. Good Luck.

Thanks for the info.

So I need a 20 inch dish with a triple lnb? Do I need to hit 3 satellites for the HD programming?

I have purchased a dish 500 with a dish pro dual lnb ( for 110 and 119) which I will use to hit 82 and 91. I am guessing I need a SW21 switch.

Can someone confirm?

Ok I am a bit slow here, but I want to fully understand so bear with me.

I have a DishPro LNB that will receive 110 and 119. It is one LNB (a twin) not two separate LNBs. If I had a Dishnetwork receiver I would need a SW-21 switch. I have read that that DishPro and a SW-21 do not work with BEV. Is this true or can I use an SW-21 switch?

Last edited:
canuckMA said:
Ok I am a bit slow here, but I want to fully understand so bear with me.
I have a DishPro LNB that will receive 110 and 119. It is one LNB (a twin) not two separate LNBs. If I had a Dishnetwork receiver I would need a SW-21 switch. I have read that that DishPro and a SW-21 do not work with BEV. Is this true or can I use an SW-21 switch?

That is the dish/lnb supplied with the BEV 6100 (dish 811). It comes with an sw-21

The 9200 (disk 942) comes with a SW-34

So, AFAIK, you take the outputs from the 2 lnbs (yes, there are two inside the housing), and they go to an sw-21 to get one output containing 82 and 91

If you want 2 outputs, for a 9200, you need 2 sw-21 or the sw-34

Thanks. That makes it clear to me now. I appreciate all the feedback. I should have my dish working for the the final of World Junior hockey championships!

Ok I have one last question, hopefully. My Dish Pro lnb has a built in switch....will this still work with BEV?

Just an update. I have my dish installed and working. Took all of 45 minutes. I have 84% signal on 82 and 96% on 91.

Thanks to all for the input, it was helpful.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts