BEV - Lost odd-numbered transponders

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mel Smith

Original poster
Nov 4, 2004
Dear Friends,

I'm a newbie with this group.

Enviro: a Canadian in Mesa, AZ with my spare 2700 BEV Satellite Rcvr. I've had my antenna mounted and working properly for the last few years. I leave the antenna on the roof of my double-wide trailer all summer, then come down to Arizona in the late Fall and everythng *usually* works.

However, *this* time the following transponders have 0 percent power (3, 7, 9, 11, 17, 21, 23, 25) NaDa Nothing -- not even a whisper of signal strength !

I've done these checks on Satellite 91. The other Satellite is 82 and I don't have any response there (should I ??) (and I don't think I ever had *two* satellites ???)

On the other hand, all the remaining transponders have very solid signal strength (1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 18, 19, 20). These strengths range from 82 to 94 percent

Please note that those transponders that have 0 stength are *all* odd-numbered.

I have gone up on my roof and moved the elevation up and down a few degrees and have got NO reponse in strength from transponder 9 (which is CNN).

I have opened, cleaned and re-connected all connections but with no effect.

My setup is simple: antenna on the roof with a double LNB but I'm only hooked to one of the connectors. The cable comes into my house and directly to the 2700 rcvr, and then to my TV.

Any hints please ???

TIA,

-Mel Smith

Welcome Mel!

Unfortunatelly, this summer ExpressVu decided to split their channels over 2 satellites at 91. They got a "new" satellite, which actually was an old one from DirectTv. The "new" satellite didnt cover all of Canada, so they shifted it towards Canada. However, by doing this they cut off the southern part of the US. I know some people have tried a larger dish with no avail. This happens on the coast of Washington down to Cali and across AZ, TX, LA and so on.

Everything on your end is fine.....

Check out http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/expressvu1.html for the channels that are on those transponders. I know most of 3 is PPV.

IceBerg,

Thanks for the explanation. At least I know what has happened now :(((

-Mel Smith
Mesa, Arizona

This was around August. I'm in Minnesota with a Expressvu account and those ones that you are getting a 0 I can get almost a 100 with a 18" dish.....its weird

I can't view the link above (on a bad dial up connection) but I do know TP3 has the Venus (adult) channels and 7 has PPV on it. I know the Score is on TP7

Most of the regular channles (CBC, CTV, Global, TSN) are on Nimiq 1 (the original satellite...the one you can get). Nimiq 3 is the problem child.

IceBerg:

We're seniors down here in Mesa, Az each winter. Our interests are mostly in 'time-shifting'. That is, we like to watch Jay Leno and ABC Nightline and David Letterman at 9:35pm MST. Any later than that, and its usually our 'bedtime'. My wife is also really P.O.'ed that we can't get CNN (she likes Aaron Brown at 8pm), or any of the movie channels. I winder if DirecTV or EchoStart have time-shifting ???

-Mel Smith

unfotunatelly not. The main reason is the rules the FCC (our version of the CRTC) has on networks. You can only get your "local" networks, which in your case would be Mesa.

Here is a brief list of what's on the issue TP's
3-Venus PPV
7-The Score, PPV
9-Boston networks
11-CH Hamilton, TVO, CNN, WGN, BET, Weather
17-A Edmonton, Movie Central, Family W, Teletoon
21-Vancounver Global, CTV & CH, Seattle PBS
23-City Toronto, Rogers Sports E & W, CP24
25-CBC Vancouver, CBC Newsworld, MuchMusic

The above is from Lyngsat...updates could have happened since then.

I do know Leno & Letetrman are on some Canadian stations
Leno is on "The New" (VR, RO, PL) and Lettermen is on Chex (CBC Peterborough). That was doing a quick scan on zap2it.com for these 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)