BEV Questions

traceya

Original poster
Feb 24, 2005
Way South BC
First off, I misplaced the 416 # for BEV and wonder if anyone has it.

Secondly, we're having some problems with one of our receivers. We started a house renovation in Sep and disconnected our primary receiver (4700). We've reconnected it this week can get the program guide but no channels. Error message says we haven't subscribed to them.

The 2700 continues to work fine but we can't get the main one to work.

We tried aiming at the 82 satellite (we're normally locked on 91) overnight with both receivers off to download any required s/w. That worked fine when we upgraded our cards.

We've tried both "reset" options.

Would love to know if anyone has a suggestion.

Thanks.

try this: go to menu I think is 6-1-1 dish pointing screen, check for signal, and do 'switch check"..on screen this will go thru counting circle up to 38, and if everything is OK both satellites should come-up

good luck!

Hi,
I don't think there is a 416# fo BEV, but try below.

Customer service:
1 888 SKYDISH (1 888 759-3474)

To order ExpressVu: 1 866-801-9995 or bell.ca

How long was the 4700 disconnected?

A new thing with Nagravision 2 is that if a card is out of the stream for (I believe) 2 weeks, that it will deauthorize, and you need to get the card reactivated, this is done by calling in.

Why do you need the 416 number? you are located in Canada, so just use the 888 sky-dish number :)

ulta

It says "way south BC"....translation...he's probably closer to Mexico than BC :)
(also the we had to aim at 82 to get the software download is another clue)

kind of like when I say "Southern part of NW Ontario (Minnesota)"

For ExpressVU you can dial directly at *67 wait for dial tone then 1-416-383-6688. This will block your number so they won't see you are in the USA. If questioned about your location just say whatever city on the address you are using. Or the zero is broken on your keypad and you have it set to block your number anyway. Another excuse is to say you are at your job (in canada) and cant dial out to toll free and have no idea why the number is blocked.

Oh yea, I didnt notice the "way south" heh.. Still, it would need to be reauthorized either way.

ultatryon said:
A new thing with Nagravision 2 is that if a card is out of the stream for (I believe) 2 weeks, that it will deauthorize, and you need to get the card reactivated, this is done by calling in.

Just clarify; you will lose your channels after 1 week, not 2.

And if you are patient enough they will eventually come back; depending on when your cycle is on your receiver they will return in about 3-4 weeks if the receiver remains in the stream.

ultatryon said:

I have a 6000 box. What is meant by the term "Nagravision 2"? What is meant by being "out of the stream"? Of course being in one of the extreme southern provinces I never have been hooked to a phone line in 4 years.

...mike

ultatryon said:

Are you sure.

I know I have had Nagra 2 cards in E* and BEV in stbs down for extended periods of time with no issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts