BEV service with Dish 500, would it work ? Newbie question!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

reallyfly

Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
I have a Dishnetwork 500 Dish, and it has one 119 LNB attached to it.
I got this dish 2 years ago, while I was subscriber of Dishnetwork.

Recently, my friend gave me Bell Express Vu receiver(DP301). He got this from eBay sometime ago. Interestingly, there is Dishnetwork logo on the frontplate.
However, it is searching BEV satellite after I turn on the receiver. I guess the firmware might be hacked to use for BEV service.

Anyway, I connect the coax cable from LNB to the receiver. But, I cannot find any signal regardless how I tune up the dish. I know it might be my fault because I didn't point to the right angle.

But I want to make sure the Dish 500/BEV receiver combination is workable.
Any comments ?

James :smug

reallyfly said:
I have a Dishnetwork 500 Dish, and it has one 119 LNB attached to it.
I got this dish 2 years ago, while I was subscriber of Dishnetwork.

Recently, my friend gave me Bell Express Vu receiver(DP301). He got this from eBay sometime ago. Interestingly, there is Dishnetwork logo on the frontplate.
However, it is searching BEV satellite after I turn on the receiver. I guess the firmware might be hacked to use for BEV service.

Anyway, I connect the coax cable from LNB to the receiver. But, I cannot any signal regardless how I tune up the dish. I know it might be my fault because I didn't point to the right angle.

But I want to make sure the Dish 500/BEV receiver combination is workable.
Any comments ?

James :smug
BEV uses the same 9 degrees of spacing as DISH and DISH makes the equipment for BEV. The Dish 500 will work. Your suspicion of a hacked receiver will be more of a problem, THIS SITE DOES NOT SUPPORT HACKING READ YOUR AGREEMENT. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Thanks for info.

Well, I know hacking is prohibited in this forum. And, I didn't asking any info regarding how to hack BEV service.
But, my problem right now is I DIDN'T get signal at all.

This is the first time I setup satellite receiving system myself. I just want to get a feel how easy to setup this before I invest hundreds of dollars buying FTA satellite receiving system.

boba said:
BEV uses the same 9 degrees of spacing as DISH and DISH makes the equipment for BEV. The Dish 500 will work. Your suspicion of a hacked receiver will be more of a problem, THIS SITE DOES NOT SUPPORT HACKING READ YOUR AGREEMENT. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts