Beware: Account Hold and Switch

Dish will not be able to offer out of market HD feeds anyway on August 15. So the original poster would be out of luck in any case.

Are the rules different for DT/SD or DT/HD? I mean if the reason that Dish doesnt have the signal is that the station won't provide it isnt that different than Dish just not getting around to carrying? If you can get local analog and local digital/sd via dish but not HD is that reason enough to allow distant HD service (even w/o a waiver?)

WildBill said:
The owners switched the Springfield CBS analog station to UPN some years ago. More recently WCIA-DT (CBS) was added. Last I heard they were having trouble finding a tower crew to do the modifications for HD and were hoping for September. But it has been one excuse and delay after another for the last two years, so who knows? Local management wants to get it done, but the owners have been dragging their feet since there is no financial incentive for them to do so and relatively few HD viewers to complain..

My memory is hazy here, so someone correct me if I'm mistaken. I believe that you could qualify for a distant network if there was not an adequate analog signal in your area. I also believe that Dish also had a special agreement with CBS that allowed a distant feed in owned and operated locations. I don't think that the lack of an HD signal by itself was enough to qualify without a waiver.

Unfortunately, from what I gather on local boards. WCIA routinely denied requests for waivers submitted by satellite companies. But as pointed out above, the courts may put an end to distant network service anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)