Beware, D* takes away credits after they offer them

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gamecock67

Original poster
Oct 10, 2004
Has D* taken away anyone elses' credits before? Back in February, I got a credit for $20 off the premium package for 6 months (when I purchased a 2nd HD DVR). Every month, the credit did not apply to my acct so I had to call D* to get the credit added. In May, when I called, I was told that the they were sorry that I had to call every month and that they would start my 6 months over and add an additional 6 months (totalling a year). June I had to call to get my credit added. July I had to call, but this time I was told that they had to send the request to the credit department. Last week I called since I did not hear from them and my acct still did not list my credit and was basically told that D* feels that I have been given too many credits and they were not going to honor the credits that they offered me and they would be flagging my acct so that I would not receive any credits again. I called retention and first I was told that they would honor my credits and not to worry about it. 5 minutes later I got a call back from D* saying that they would not honor the credit.

Here is a list of the credits I received. Last summer I called D* to cancel (I was switching to Dish Network) and I was offered 2 dvrs for free if I stayed with D*. Since I was switching to Dish because they were offering the dvrs, I decided to stay with D*. Last August I purchased the HD DVR with Tivo. I received $150 credit and $20 off the premium package for 6 months. This past February, I purchased a second HD DVR with Tivo. When I bought it at BestBuy, there was a sign that said if I purchased the HD DVR, I would receive the HD package free for 6 months. When I activated the HD DVR, I mentioned what the sign said in BestBuy. I was told that since I already had received the HD package for free for 6 months, they could not give me that but they would give me $20 of the premium package for 6 months. This is when the trouble started.

From my understanding, people are getting close to $400 in credits with the purchase of only 1 HD DVR.

I wonder if they are starting to crack down on credits.

Well assuming the dvrs you got for free were $99 you have received about $600 in credits/freebies in a year. Seems like your doing ok. :cool:

He may have done okay, I suppose, but the point is that he shouldn't be offered them and then have them taken away.

I had something similiar, and am worried the same will happen to me. I have had no previous "credits" after having been with D* for almost two years, and being a NFLST subscriber duting that time too.

When I called about HD, I was offered $250 off, 6 months free showtime, 3 months free HD pack. Well, when I activated, they didn't want to give the 3 months free HD pack. I had to argue for 20 minutes before someone "activated" it.

If they had just said upfront, when I was considering switching, that it WOULDN'T be offered, then I would have made up my mind based on that. Don't tell me little fibs to get me to commit.

It was indicated by 4 different people on 4 different occasions -- before committing -- that it would be there. Then, when activating, it all of the sudden "wasn't indicated on my account" (though it "was before.")

D* should be upfront and honest, and they wouldn't have these issues. I'm stuck with them for a year, but seriously considering dropping them next year.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts