Beware of ITVN

Henry-phile

Original poster
Sep 17, 2006
I returned their unit within the 30 day allotment. The trouble I had was frequent interuptions in their signal, which would result in a dropped broadcast, requiring going through the start-up process to get back to the program. !sadroll

Also, if I tried to set a timer VCR record, the VCR would stop recording (with an error message) several seconds into the program. :confused:
I suspect this is a copy-protection issue.
Interestingly, when I just pressed 'record' on my VCR before the program, it would record just fine. So I could set the VCR on 12' recording, hit 'record', then head for work. :D

Of course one expected problem was that the programming signal ate bandwidth. After work, during prime-time internet time, this meant that the signal quality had to be on the lowest level, which made the picture difficult to enjoy.

I did not send their package back via registered mail. I did have a return address, so I know that they received it. They are insisting that I never sent it however! :mad:
So be carefull, this seems like a start-up company that is not doing well, and they're acting accordingly trying to recoup lost projected income.

Of interest, I did get the Setanta channel (for soccer) via DirecTV. I used to record to a Pioneer DVR and burn DVDs for my family, so they could watch later. Sometime in January DirecTV started copy-protecting their broadcasts, and so now my new DVR/DVD player is obsolete.

'lost' ITVN conole ($179), useless DVR/DVD burner ($350),
watching EPL: priceless!

You can always play back from the DVR via S-Video into a capture card on a PC, then burn the resulting file to a DVD. I've done this. It is a somewhat tedious process and of course the resulting video loses some quality, but it works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)