BH cell phone service

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
what are you bhn guys hearing? last update i received was an april rollout. i'm on a list of potential customers who want to be notified beforehand. but no call yet.

just wondering how steve's bird is?

May be a similar deal like AT&T with Cingular customers?
If the price will be the same or close, I don't believe a major change in the competition. Will see.

i understand the service is with sprint. most of the cable companies signed this deal (i don't remember how long ago). anyhow, part of it is you can watch cable tv on your phone.

i'm curious what, if any, rollout deals on the phones will be?

well... I've been testing the cell phone service since Nov.... I actually love it. I have the LG fusic phone which is perty much like an ipod/phone. Also, the BHN tv service on the phone which works great. They also have an email feature for roadrunner which is cool. But since i dont use RR, I downloaded gmail on to the phone which i like alot more... I love google. There's also google maps for the phone which is awesome. It does everything from directions to a satellite view... and u can zoom in perty close. I think anyone can get that... if u go to google maps through ur phone

As for the date... I'm one's sure, my testing period was supposed to end in Jan, and the service was supposed to be partially released in Feb... but it got delayed.... alot, i guess
last i heard was some time in may.... never know, they don't give us much info

yeah, because i got on the call list in january for the partial february rollout.

as for an actual date, my source directly asked the cell phone team and they said april. she called me again last week, said she checked with them again and nothing had changed. so we might be looking at late april/early may!

I know some of you only have gone thru the testing etc...but what will this bhn cellphone service come with??? will it be cheap, will it come with any good offers...like unlimited minutes or something? like metropcs.com, if its gonna be like any other carrier what is the point of bhn doing this???...all i can think of, is the convenience of having the cellphone bill together with bhn..witch to me thats pointless in some ways lol.........

On the future BHN cell service, how will it work when outside the local area? In other words, whose towers will their phones use (a clue to the coverage)?

And will there be roaming charges? The no-fee nationwide service I currently have with Cingular (making calls to US anywhere and using phone anywhere) is important.

I would really like to see a bundle of cable/internet/VOIP/cell with a major discount for doing everything with them--and not just a teaser rate either.

On the future BHN cell service, how will it work when outside the local area? In other words, whose towers will their phones use (a clue to the coverage)?

And will there be roaming charges? The no-fee nationwide service I currently have with Cingular (making calls to US anywhere and using phone anywhere) is important.

I would really like to see a bundle of cable/internet/VOIP/cell with a major discount for doing everything with them--and not just a teaser rate either.

i agree, this is also something i would like to know if possible :)

BHN use;s the Spint Network.. So anywhere sprints national PCS network is youll have service.. Pretty much Anywhere their is running water :)

yea...exactly what steven said...

here's an article from http://www.broadbandreports.com/shownews/82611

Brighthouse is Advance/Newhouse btw

Sprint Cable Venture Now Named 'Pivot'
Available in 40 markets by year's end, says Sprint

Posted on 2007-03-28 12:01:45 by Karl · tags: [wireless] [cable] [business]

Sprint recently joined forces with Comcast, Cox, Time Warner Cable and Advance/Newhouse Communications to spend $2.4 billion on wireless spectrum -- enough to technically make cable companies the nation's fifth largest wireless phone provider. They've since started offering wireless phone service to cable customers; $15-$25 on top of a traditional Sprint mobile phone plan will net you mobile video content, e-mail access and web browsing.

The selling point to consumers is supposed to be the simplicity of one bill and the idea of convergence (control your DVR via phone, etc.). The ultimate goal, of course, is to help them better compete with the unified telco services like U-Verse and FiOS. At first the companies were simply offering the service under the individual cable brands -- but this week they unveiled a unifying brand for the service: Pivot.

While many are reporting this as a "quadruple play" bundle, so far it isn't. Cable CEOs like Brian Roberts haven't been sold on the idea of bundling wireless phone service with VoIP, data and video. As we've mentioned, the quadruple play is an accountant pipe dream, with most customers preferring to bundle usually just two services. Sprint will offer Pivot bundles to businesses, however.

According to Sprint, "Pivot" is currently available in eight metropolitan areas: Raleigh, NC; Austin, TX; Boston; Portland, OR; San Diego; Phoenix; Cincinnati; and Dayton, OH. It is expected to be available in 40 markets by year's end.

So... I guess it won't really change soon, but eventually there's going to be features that will simplify everything if you have the full package with BHN. I've been hearing myths that over time you'll be able to program your home DVR using your BHN cell phone.
The features I have already is the RR email service, Same Voicemail for home and cell, I can see my channel guide as it is at home using my cell... and I can also watch TV using the cell (only some national channels so far, no locals)

Sprint is an interesting service. We had sprint for a couple of years. Worked fine outside of my house. Inside, no signal whatsoever. We changed to ATT, later Cingular, now ATT again. No problems getting a signal inside the house. Wonder if this has changed.

sprint has never been known to have quality service.....although, they have great rate plans. i have a couple of friends who have had sprint for awhile now and they agree!!

sprint has never been known to have quality service.....although, they have great rate plans. i have a couple of friends who have had sprint for awhile now and they agree!!

I have a friend of mine that has Sprint service just to get free incoming calls and the walkie talkie service but he prefere the Verizon phone because it has more coverege area when he travel around Florida. But this could be a relative issue. It depends how far or close you are from the Towers.

It is cool to program you DVR from you cell phone and watch it on. If you have a Slingbox installed($149) on you cable DVR or satellite DVR you're able to program and watch you home DVR on you PC office or Laptop. You need to connect the Slingbox to High speed internet at home so you can watch you DVR in any part of this world that has high speed internet thru your laptop or PC. Ex, when I travel out of state, I use my Laptop to connect my home DVR using the Slingbox at home and then I'm be able to watch my local news or any program and I only paid $149 for the Slingbo:mad:the service is free). My friends sometime connect his PC to watch my DVR(like pay-per-view that I already paid) using my Slingbox without to pay any money, it's like FREE TV at home.

the only reason i would have sprint is because my two very dear aforementioned friends have it. since i don't have cable anymore, watching tv on the phone would be useless......although, i like the idea of checking my road runner!!

okay, i just checked with my source who says an april launch is doubtful. testing is still underway and a launch sometime this summer is likely. quote my source, ``we're close.''

now, at this point in time, i don't feel a need to issue the take this info with a grain of salt disclaimer. this source seems fairly on the ball....so, be somewhat optimistic, if you care about this!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)