BHN HD comparison with HDLite

neynme

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 7, 2006
Hi,

Can someone please give me a comparison between brighthouse HD picture quality versus direct tv HDLite picture quality? I have diret tv now, and i'm looking for better options in the st. pete, florida area. Thanks in advance for the reply.

If i do order from bright house, i will be using a cable card, is there any diffrence in PQ betweent he cablecard and the box?

Last edited:
BFG said:
much better.

the only pq limitations are in the equipment themselves

what do u mean by equipment themselves? do u mean brighthouse's equipment or my tv? If their equipment is bad and it's making their pq bad, then y whould i be getting them?

Thanx for the reply

neynme said:
what do u mean by equipment themselves? do u mean brighthouse's equipment or my tv? If their equipment is bad and it's making their pq bad, then y whould i be getting them?

Thanx for the reply

Most HD cable boxes cannot resolve the full amount of lines of resolution of HDTV but I wouldn't worry about that. I can say as I've lived in Clearwater with BHN that HD picture quality is by far better than DirecTV HD with an 8300HD, 4250HD and the Pace HD box. I believe that a cablecard will be no worse as your just tuning in the feed and it could be better but it won't be worse.

Simple answer is BHN HD beats DirecTVs HD hands down with no questions asked. If and when you can get Verizon FIOS TV service your HD picture quality will be better with Verizon than with BHN but of course BHN could do things to increase their available bandwidth to match it. But the picture quality between BHN and Verizon on HD is so close I would consider both companies other aspects of service to make your choice.

The only problem you will have is the fact that BHN Tampa Bay still has an analog lineup and its just horrific on big HDTV sets.

Thank you all for replying,

I feel better now, i will get my cable installed Wednesday and i'll be using a cablecard with their digital tiers. I'm just really tired of D*, i have bought a very expensive TV and i can tell that i'm not getting my money's worth from them. The only thing that held me back from going cable a while ago was espn2hd. So i'm hoping that will come soon. BTW if my other rooms are not using a box, will it still be able to recieve the digital channels?

neynme said:
Thank you all for replying,

I feel better now, i will get my cable installed Wednesday and i'll be using a cablecard with their digital tiers. I'm just really tired of D*, i have bought a very expensive TV and i can tell that i'm not getting my money's worth from them. The only thing that held me back from going cable a while ago was espn2hd. So i'm hoping that will come soon. BTW if my other rooms are not using a box, will it still be able to recieve the digital channels?

In the other rooms all you would be able to receive are the analog channels, 2-99. In order to receive the digital channels you will need another box or a tv with a cable card. Welcome to BHN.

Rico

PS: I too left DTV due to their overly compressed SD signal.

The SA8300HD via HDMI looks better than a SA3250HD via YPbPr.

A cablecard looks better than the SA8300HD via HDMI.

I have played around a little bit with the IEEE 1394 out of the SA3250HD and I do mean very little - but it appears to rival the cablecard picture. I just haven't experimented with it a lot.

There are reports of 3250HD output at around 950 lines, around 1250 lines on the SA8300 and 1600 lines with the cablecard.

As I have stated over and over, I assume most of these issues are in the actual YPbPr circuits and DVI/HDMI circuits - as they are with most stbs. The cablecard eliminates those differences - and it appears the IEEE 1394 output might do the same.

Also, remember that all systems are different - but you might find this thread interesting:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=675342

Last edited:
Just got my cable card hooked up by BHN, and i just have 1 word, "wow", a big diffrence, picture pops out much more, and no pixelation for me. Thanks guys and sorry D*.

I have a cable card, is it suppose to be outputting mono sound only? I can't seem to change it to stereo with my tv.

Is there a way to control the setting of the card? or its suppose to be control with the TV?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)