Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
A lot of Dish Network customer have been enjoying the BIG10 Network. I am hearing a rumor that soon the national feed of BIG10 Network will soon be going away and the BIG10 Network will then turn into a regular Regional Sports Network.

It is my understanding that later today viewers of the BIG10 Network will see a crawl on channel 439 informing them of this.

It will be interesting to see if this is true or not. Dish did warn us that BIG10 would become a RSN sometime this year, so this is no surprise.

I was hoping they would put into one of the other packages like the 250. I live in the south but really like the hd on this channel. I believe time will be up for this channel at the end of the month.:(

This is a shame since Big10 is one of the new networks out there that does HD correctly. It seems that I always find HD programming on their network. Women's Volleyball, Basketball, heck even swimming last night was in HD.

So it will be a shame to see a network of this caliber become unavailable to me. I'm not much of a sport fan, so I won't go out of my way to get this channel (ie won't turn to a sports pak even if it was in there), but it will be missed as a shine example of how it does correctly.

A lot of Dish Network customer have been enjoying the BIG10 Network. I am hearing a rumor that soon the national feed of BIG10 Network will soon be going away and the BIG10 Network will then turn into a regular Regional Sports Network.

It is my understanding that later today viewers of the BIG10 Network will see a crawl on channel 439 informing them of this.

It will be interesting to see if this is true or not. Dish did warn us that BIG10 would become a RSN sometime this year, so this is no surprise.

It was in the original announcment that BTN would be moving in early 2008, "DISH Network customers nationwide who subscribe to America's Top 100 and higher will find the Big Ten Network on Channel 439. Customers throughout the nation will also have the opportunity to preview the network until early 2008. At that time, the channel will be carried on America's Top 100 Plus service within the eight states with Big Ten institutions."

Has anyone seen what you'll need to subscribe to/pay to get BTN outside the eight states?

I knew this was coming, but I will say it anyway:SH*T, SH*T, SH*T!!!!!!!

I am originally from Indiana and of course, LOVE IU basketball. I havent missed an IU game yet this year because of the BIG 10 network. Sad day, sad, sad, day...

I knew this was coming, but I will say it anyway:SH*T, SH*T, SH*T!!!!!!!

I am originally from Indiana and of course, LOVE IU basketball. I havent missed an IU game yet this year because of the BIG 10 network. Sad day, sad, sad, day...
The retailer chat just announced that it will be available in the multi-sport pack. Same as with all the other out of area RSN's. So you can pay an extra $5/mo to get it.

:( This was expected but it's still sad. I have really enjoyed this network for the football and basketball. I'm looking really forward to the baseball and softball... I guess it's worth the $6 Multi-Sport for me. Thanks for this information, Scott.

Cade

The Multi sport is really worth it for the 5.99. Sure many games are blacked out, but a lot of times if you have a shootout hockey game for example you will pick up the end of the game because many of the blackouts are lifted after 2:30 hrs. Same goes true for OT basketball games. I'm not sure if my location is the exception rather than the norm, but I also get all Cleveland Cavs games with the multi-sport, something i wasn't getting before with the top 100 plus. In my opinion it's well worth the $6/mo.

:mad: I live in the Philly DMA and was anticipating keeping BTN in my AEP pak or HD-only, when I downgrade.:mad:

This puts me in a foul mood... I was planning on changing my programming package to HD-only, once they rolled out a few more national HD channels.

Now I either keep an AT pak and pay more $$ to get BTN, or I don't get BTN at all... Thanks Charlie!

The Multi sport is really worth it for the 5.99. Sure many games are blacked out, but a lot of times if you have a shootout hockey game for example you will pick up the end of the game because many of the blackouts are lifted after 2:30 hrs. Same goes true for OT basketball games. I'm not sure if my location is the exception rather than the norm, but I also get all Cleveland Cavs games with the multi-sport, something i wasn't getting before with the top 100 plus. In my opinion it's well worth the $6/mo.

Good points! I thought I would also mention that when I have had the package I have noticed that NHL replays have been in the clear. I finally got the package toward the end of last baseball season and, as a big Blue Jays fan, would sometimes catch an inning or two of their games (on the rival team network since DISH doesn't have Rogers SportsNet). Honestly, though, I could watch MLB.com and see what innings games were in and time where I would see a little extra baseball. And now, with the Big Ten Network, it will especially become worth the $6 / month.

As for the guy that lives in Philadelphia, I think you'll keep the Big Ten Network if you downgrade to the HD only pack. I think it's a part of that package provided you live in a Big Ten state (which you do).

Cade

As for the guy that lives in Philadelphia, I think you'll keep the Big Ten Network if you downgrade to the HD only pack. I think it's a part of that package provided you live in a Big Ten state (which you do).

Cade

Rsn are not part of hd only pack. From what I have seen on here, that is what the BTN will be, rsn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)