HD, although that will take a while
  • 105. Vice -- crime, suspense, thriller and mystery
  • 106. Fu -- as in Kung...
  • 107. The Vault -- classics revived
  • 108. Epics
  • 109. Gunslingers
  • 110. Divine
  • 121. Monsters

As of September, we show all new titles in their original aspect ratio. all new additions to the lineup will be presented as they were originally intended. Going back to the titles that have already been transferred we will make a decision since there is a big expense involved in doing this.

The program guide is indeed a source of much frustration. We are working across many divisions of the organization here to try to get the problems ironed out. We are aware of the problems are hope to improve on accuracy of listings within the next few months.

10/12 Update:

The renaming of the channels will happen; it is taken a little longer than expected. VOOM is committed to the genre that was stated on this first post. They have already secured rights to a lot of the movies on this genre.

The KungFu channel was supposed to start on 10/15 but the studio has been late in delivering the movies and it will be delayed until November/December. This is according to the studio schedule. You will see tons of KungFu movies as the rights to them has been secured.

Would have been less expensive if they listened to us in the beginning.

But good for VOOM. It looks like someone who cares is finally making decisions.

That sounds great and all - really - but I'd be happy if they just show the movies they say they're gonna show when they say they're gonna show them. F'real.

Sean Mota said:
As of September, we show all new titles in their original aspect ratio. all new additions to the lineup will be presented as they were originally intended. Going back to the titles that have already been transferred we will make a decision since there is a big expense involved in doing this.
YES!!!!! This is great news!

TheTimm said:
That sounds great and all - really - but I'd be happy if they just show the movies they say they're gonna show when they say they're gonna show them. F'real.

I got a response on this as well. I just forgot to post. I will edit my first post.

The program guide is indeed a source of much frustration. We are
working across many divisions of the organization here to try to get the
problems ironed out. We are aware of the problems are hope
to improve on accuracy of listings within the next few months.

more proof positive that the Voom folks are responsive...albeit a bit slow, but its good to know we can affect changes through this forum..
I may even start watching TV now more often!!

good question... I will ask about World Cinema. I sent them a list of movies that were never shown in HD cinema or that a lot of us missed because the guide was wrong so here is my list:

Hoosiers -------------> It was never shown at the correct time and date or
channel
Amarcord ------------> Never shown although the PG stated otherwise
Jersey Girl ------------> Never shown although the PG stated otherwise
The Producers------------> Never shown although the PG stated otherwise
A Fistful of Dollars------------> Never shown although the PG stated
otherwise
Jubilee------------> Never shown although the PG stated otherwise
Montenegro------------> Never shown although the PG stated otherwise
Persuasion------------> Never shown although the PG stated otherwise
Ran------------> Never shown although the PG stated otherwise

If you know any other, please post.

1080iBeVuMin said:
This is great... BUT....

What's happening with World Cinema????? My favorite channel!!

Is that going to be included in ArtHouse?? :confused: :confused:
That's what I was thinking too. I hope it's just a name change. My favorite channel as well!

I find myself being hooked on World Cinema more often that I thought. Those really are new movies for most of us and the subtitles don't bother me in the slightest.

Sean Mota said:
good question... I will ask about World Cinema. I sent them a list of movies that were never shown in HD cinema or that a lot of us missed because the guide was wrong so here is my list:

Hoosiers -------------> It was never shown at the correct time and date or
channel
Amarcord ------------> Never shown although the PG stated otherwise
Jersey Girl ------------> Never shown although the PG stated otherwise
The Producers------------> Never shown although the PG stated otherwise
A Fistful of Dollars------------> Never shown although the PG stated
otherwise
Jubilee------------> Never shown although the PG stated otherwise
Montenegro------------> Never shown although the PG stated otherwise
Persuasion------------> Never shown although the PG stated otherwise
Ran------------> Never shown although the PG stated otherwise

If you know any other, please post.
Um... shouldn't Chain Reaction be on right now?

Sean Mota said:
What is it showing? The PG for that channel was messed up and I did not check again.
When I tuned in at 8:00, it was the last half-hour or so of some movie I didn't recognize (the credits indicated it was Australian and made in 1980). Then at 9:00, The Great Race started (it was scheduled for 10:00).

I was looking forward to seeing that movie too.... i didnt recognize it other than it started with a hot air balloon and mancini did the score for it. Chain Reaction would have been cool in HD.

World Cinema should go into ArtHouse I think that makes sense....

MonstersHD and Fu.... aw man... I suspect opinions about these exclusives are going to grow... OAR will only help the PQ complaints, and movies who's aspect ratio IS 1.88:1.. good.. This is EXCELLENT news...

I can't wait for Kung FU HD.

I haven't watched the Cinema 9 in a month b/c of the OAR issue and the PG. I kept setting aside time to watch The Terminator and Hoosiers and they wouldn't be on. If they can actually work these things out, that'll be great. Good job Voom for doing the right things, eventually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts