Big Dish Problem...10foot Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Loop733

Original poster
Jul 9, 2007
My C-band dish is stuck on SatcomC4 21 i cant get it moved it's been sitting up for years to come probably 7-8 years that i can think of nothing has ever been unhooked but the power cord but the coax wires and misc. is never been unpluged what could be causing the i tried to turn it and it says moving but nothing is moving that i know of cause the dish counter isnt moving it says ERROR after a few try's

welcome to the group

if you remove any wires take note of their location or clip them with some remaining, so replacement will be a snap.

i took my motor apart and sanded and relubed it earlier this month.

well my satellite is located about 75-85 foot from my house up on a hill that's been growed up for years. i've managed to clear out a spot enough for me to get in and mess with it , taken the motor off the actuator and how would i go about testing this motor ?? the arm is black and i dont see any rust on it atleast as far as i can see im not getting any signal either on the receiver so im going back out in a few minutes to mess with the Low Noise block maybe the horn is growed up with spider webb's or some vines . i'll see if anyone has any other information please do let me know thank you

Watch for the red wasps! They love feedhorns, and if its been years since you looked, it may be full of them. And spiders and whatever else. You can hook up the 2 big wires to the motor terminals on back ofyour receiver to test the motor, it won't move far before it kicks off, but it will tell you if its rusted up/stuck inside. You can take the cover off also and look at the wiring-end of it..

ok i managed to get the cover off the dish it was broken and cracked i didnt know it was like that. where can i get a new cover for this Feed? i did forget to add that i took the arm piece off and im currently out there taking it apart and check it out it's a Ventura arm plus the feedhorn and Low noise block was real dirty im hoping my coax and all is well we will see tomorrow

i just wanted to post another thing. i have an Uniden SQ530 Receiver for the dish and it works. i don't think lighting could have got it either cause it has not been pluged in but im going continue cleaning this and im going to test the arm with a 6volt battery charger i do not think it would hurt it

Update: I took the arm apart and cleaned it . it had some rust build up inside sanded that down. and oiled it up put it back on.i was searching for a feedcover on a search engine and found skyvision had one so i ordered one i should have it by tomorrow or the next day i put in a rush delivery i've been cleaning the lnb with some cleaner i've got it looking nice again .hopefully once i get the feedhorn cover it'll stay that way i managed to clean alot out from around the dish with the weed eater also hopefully some of you guys will jump in and help me out alittle once i get it going

when you can take pictures they help identify things also they help if you need to take a shot of how things are hooked up or setup.
some people use the feedhorn covers some don't , i think it helps keep everything clean or the birds out.
what are you wanting to achive , the use of your system again, is it c band only , are you thinking of adding ku . you looking at analog or thinking of adding a dvb receiver. there are a lot of questions on what you can do.. its a good group here so most anyone will jump in and help out :)

when you can take pictures they help identify things also they help if you need to take a shot of how things are hooked up or setup.
some people use the feedhorn covers some don't , i think it helps keep everything clean or the birds out.
what are you wanting to achive , the use of your system again, is it c band only , are you thinking of adding ku . you looking at analog or thinking of adding a dvb receiver. there are a lot of questions on what you can do.. its a good group here so most anyone will jump in and help out :)

It Has Ku Band . has a norsat Lnb on it also. wanted to add that i got the dish moving. the east and west limits a

sounds like you have achived what you wanted , got it running again
there are several things now when you check the receiver the coax has been up a while so most likely they are good but things go bad these things you will have to check when testing the receiver out. waterproof boots and or 1/2 coax seals are good idea also dielectric grease is a good idea.

satellite programming .

I am getting a signal now had to clean and clean and cut down 3 tree's today that was old oak's and a pine i've got it clean around the dish took the tiller around it and choped up lots of crap .I cant remember where Satcomc4 is at what degree's west is it . where is a free channel on SatcomC4 im going to start Programming From C-4 and going East....:cool:

Locked In Channels And Birds

Ok I've Managed To Lock In SATCOM F4 SATCOM F3 Galaxy 1 Galaxy 5

I Use To Subscribe to turner programming .i was wondering if there is any other programming providers out there if so would you guys give me a list of providers

on the other hand. i've been looking up C-band i came across a 4DTV i wasnt aware that everything on analog C-band was almost gone from looking at post in this forum look's like everything is going Digital. was it a waste for me to even bother with this dish? i got my cover for my dish today . and already installed it it looks good on there :) i took the pressure washer and sprayed down the dish lightly on low pressure to get the green cover off it and it looks nice again used purple power to clean it with i wanted to paint it grey or Black probably will do that sometime this week , maybe tomorrow even

Loop you have come a long way! You didn't waste your time, and learned about c-band equipment too. There is still some programming on c-band analog, look at NPS site, they sell c-band programming and are even responsible for keeping some of it available to us folks who don't yet own a 4DTV. NPS - Your One Call Solution - CBAND Satellite Programming C-band I think is the URL.
Besides, even if all analog programming left-you still need a c-band dish to pick up the digital signals, get a basic free-to-air digital box and find tons of free stuff on c-band. Here's another one-www.lyngsat.com you can look at the chart for N America and see (some of) whats on each satellite, digital and analog.

Should I Order A used 4dtv or a new 4dtv.I've had cable for years after i quit with C-band and I do not want to lease any equipment from anyone like dish network or Directv the cable company I was with went out of business and killed everything they are in a big law suit for something. so they killed it . so i've got to get my dish back going all i have is 2 local channel's that i can pick up here. so help me guys :)

hey loop, sorry to hear that happen to u if you have the money to buy a new 4dtv go that route so you get a warrenty with it atleast but if not just buy a used one off ebay good luck man

planning for the future . . .

. . . or, more channels are always a good thing! :eureka

I suppose you'd be happier with a list of "what's on 4D", but still, this list of digital, receivable with regular FTA receivers, might whet your appetite.
For now, I guess you'll look to the C-band stuff, but both C and Ku are listed.

For Ku-only, here's a very nice list showing what's on the air.

New, DVB receivers from our sponsors range from sub-$100 to maybe $150.
Only going higher if you want recording capability or hi def.

I Ordered A 4dtv Dsr-022 new . still looking into buying a Fta Receiver. just might do that sooner or later

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts