Big News: New VOOM HD LL Web Site (They are back! or Are they?) YES!

rgaines said:
Not sure if anyone noticed but if you check the Voom guild it read

Technical upgrades completed!

VOOM has been adding capacity.
If you encounter a black screen, please channel
up or down to restore normal reception.

Also the yellow o in Vo :) m has a smiley.

Yeah, the smiley is a nice touch!! :) :) :)

a Coworker order voom at 3:00 PM today and they accepted the order, and scheduled an install. Man this is too weird.

What's with the cryptic message on the guide today. What does increasing capacity mean with nothing has been added?

THis is a great day to be a nerd, and internet savy.

jimmykce1 said:
IF you go to www.voom.com a big note comes up saying, " Voom has ceased taking new customers and wil end in March."

goto www.voomllc.com

cablevision is shutting Voom down and they run voom.com. Charles Dolan is buying Voom and he has a company building a new website for it at voomllc.com. Charles has also just replaced 4 board members today at cablevision:D

SpeedyG said:
Yeah, the smiley is a nice touch!! :) :) :)
I agree!! But that probably won't surprise many! I'd like to see it become the new logo! Vicki

Please, don't hurt me!!
brik5.gif

vurbano said:
goto www.voomllc.com

cablevision is shutting Voom down and they run voom.com. Charles Dolan is buying Voom and he has a company building a new website for it at voomllc.com. Charles has also just replaced 4 board members today at cablevision:D

A lot of work in one day for a 78 year old man.

OK I don't claim to be a network expert but this is interesting to me..

If you open the command window and type "tracert www.voomllc.com" and tracert "www.newvoom.com" you will get a list of all the servers your IP traffic goes through before it actually hits the websites. I noticed that BOTH websites come from the same spot and IP address off a server registeded to MC Squared in New Jersey.

NOW type in "tracert www.voom.com" And you end up at a webserver owned by EDS automated operations.. BUT somwhere in the path near the end there is a server who is not playing well.. it keeps timing out.

Perhaps this is nothing but I just wonder if someone has hijacked something and voom is retaliating by opening up new servers..

cmslick3 said:
If you open the command window and type "tracert www.voomllc.com" and tracert "www.newvoom.com" you will get a list of all the servers your IP traffic goes through before it actually hits the websites. I noticed that BOTH websites come from the same spot and IP address off a server registeded to MC Squared in New Jersey.

What browsers does this work on? Not everyone has the same one. I can't find a place to open a command window.

bryan27 said:
What browsers does this work on? Not everyone has the same one. I can't find a place to open a command window.
Not the browser, the OS.

Try it at the command line (the "C:" prompt, Go Start/Run/cmd/ then type the command.)

Or, get a real OS, and type it in at the Terminal on Mac OS X. :)

bryan27 said:

Its not a browser feature. If you are running windows, click START, RUN, then in the run window type COMMAND.

That opens up a black window that looks welcoming to anybody who has been using PCs since the 80's. That black window is a COMMAND window. LOTS of useful stuff can be run through this window.

--Dan

Didn't Voom sell off it's satellites and other assets to Echostar? If so, how does it plan on broadcasting and continuing to operate?

Voom only sold rainbow1 it has a lease on another sat that we call rainbow2. If the fcc allows echostar to buy rainbow1 then my guess is that voom will just move everthing to rainbow2. By the way rain...2 is way bigger and had the capacity to hold way more channels than rainbow1 did.

next time, please search. Your answers are out there

itsdavetime said:
Didn't Voom sell off it's satellites and other assets to Echostar? If so, how does it plan on broadcasting and continuing to operate?
Well, it doesn't, but if Voom HD LLC ever really gets a deal done buying the Voom service from Cablevision they have several options, including:
1) Use the AMC-6 lease at 72 which will immediately double bandwidth and in the long run tripple bandwidth (over 11TPs on 61.5) - Doubling and trippling capacity even without moving to MPEG-4.
2) Lease back space on Rainbow-1 (unlikely as E* wants that space by the end of the year for their own purposes)

JL
veek.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)