Big Old Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

slocoma

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 22, 2004
I recently purchased a house with one of those big old satellite dishes in the back yard. They also left their receiver, an Echostar 600 (I think). Is any of this stuff worth anything to anyone or should I just throw it all in the trash?

When I moved in I got DirecTV and they just put up one of those small dishes on the roof.

How big of a dish in the back yard?

Where ya located?

Reason I ask is the old dishes people find uses for those C-Band dishes.

I don't know how big. What is a standard size dish? Looks like 6 foot round, maybe. Hard to tell since it's up off the ground a bit to begin with.

I'm in Northwestern, PA. About 45 miles south of Erie, PA.

bummer

If you were closer to MN, I'd come and take it...no use right now (ewxcept a giant bird bath), but ya never know :D

TBI said:
If you list it on EBay for $0.01 someone may come remove it for you.

Removing it and disposing of it isn't a problem. I would be more of a hassle to coordinate having someone come out to get it.

slocoma said:
Removing it and disposing of it isn't a problem. I would be more of a hassle to coordinate having someone come out to get it.
I understand what you are saying I just hoped somehow the dish could be recycled by someone getting into C-band.
There seems to be a growing demand for these as people like me grow tired of DirecTV controlling my freedom of choice, remember if they had their way Dish and DirecTV would be one company now. I live in a rural area and will never see cable here.
So after being an 8 year DirecTV customer I am firing them soon because I have a legal Free to air system that brings in good channels with less commercials some times.
I am in the process of gathering all the components to setup a C-Band dish all I need is a dish at my main residence now and I will have access to three times as many channels as DirecTV at a much higher quality. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)