Big promotion starting Aug 1?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigpro

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 18, 2005
I've been cruising the sites for a while now and it seems like a lot is going to be announced Aug 1, such as the NFL ST promo, the new HDTV promo, and one site even mentioned new pricing structures. Am I right thinking that Aug 1 there's going to be a lot of new info, or is it just going to be the NFLST promo?
Oh, and usually the NFLST promo started in July. Why so late this year? :confused:

Thanks for your help,
Pro

I have heard some rumors but changes in the NFL package were that if you want nfl ticket in hd you'll have to get a superfan package (has other features as well) renewers from last year can get it for 49.00. The rumors I have heard include dtv dropping tivo and doing what tivo did themselves and not paying tivo for the service and something about new prices for DVR's. also a new customer promotion

edchuckndoug said:
I have heard some rumors but changes in the NFL package were that if you want nfl ticket in hd you'll have to get a superfan package (has other features as well) renewers from last year can get it for 49.00. The rumors I have heard include dtv dropping tivo and doing what tivo did themselves and not paying tivo for the service and something about new prices for DVR's. also a new customer promotion

Directv is working on there own DVR box. I cannot remember what companys they are working with but I read it a couple of months ago on skyreport.

Aug 1st will be the new NFL ST promo.

$100 rebate on "advanced" products such as the R10 and HD-DirecTivo.

New DVR using NDS software (and D* Active) is the R15 and was due out in August, delayed until Sept. Free with rebate.

New H20 MPEG2/4 HD receiver (also with D* Active) due out in Sept for $199.

There are threads on these things in the D* DVR and D* HD subforums here as well as on other forums such as the TivoCommunity.

So it would be best not to order sunday ticket by the July 31st date for the 20.00 off and wait untill Augst 1st?

IF you are already a DirecTV customer, no. The NFL ST / New Customer programs are announced this time every season. Current subscribers will more than likely get their best deal on NFL right now.

Actually I just learned from a VERY trusted source that most of the new advance set to boxes will be made by Humax, Thompson and for the first time announced anywhere.... DRUMROLL PLEASE! LG Electronics!

Out of all of them I am most excited about LG who seems to be pushing ahead with all kinds of exciting technologies. :)

LG, Thank god. Scott, if this holds true your source has to tell us how we ID these boxes, but I know you were already asking that. LOL

Scott Greczkowski said:
... and for the first time announced anywhere.... DRUMROLL PLEASE! LG Electronics!

I worked at a Radio Shack for almost a year. If LG's receovers are anything like their cell phones were when I was selling them, I'm so not impressed! LG seems to be one of those all encompassing Asian corporations that make almost everything under the sun. The only one I've ever had experience with that was any good was Yamaha. If they would make a D* receiver, then I'd be impressed!

Their DirecTV receivers are the $h1t . The LG LSS-3200a, the Sony SAT-HD300, the Zenith HD-SAT520 are all their builds, I have read the Hughes HTL-HD is as well.

charper1 said:
Their DirecTV receivers are the $h1t . The LG LSS-3200a, the Sony SAT-HD300, the Zenith HD-SAT520 are all their builds, I have read the Hughes HTL-HD is as well.

I have a HTL-HD. It has great picture quality, the features are great, and the backlight remote is super, but it has been real software buggy from the get go. Before the last update the word search was unusable. When you tried to use it, all you got was weird characters across the screen. Their last software update, sometime the end of last year, corrected that problem. It now works but 50% of the time after you use the word search, upon exiting the word search screen, the unit re-boots itself, like when you unplug it from the wall. Then of course you loose all of your stored words you put into it.

I am surprised they have not fixed that yet.

The HTL-HD is made by LG? NICE!! I have loved the reliability I have gotten from this receiver.

I'll be waiting anxiously for these promos, but I will also wait for the new R15. I am hoping these are not too far apart.

Neutron said:
The HTL-HD is made by LG? NICE!! I have loved the reliability I have gotten from this receiver.

Well I have read that at least, maybe Robert, Scott or one of the others can verify that. The others I am positive. My zenith 520 & LG 3200a have been 100% flawless and trouble free.

The HTL-HD is a very nice and very slightly economy designed model of the Sony HD-300 and LG LSS-3200A.

Unquestionably LG made the best DIRECTV HD receivers and is a premier cutting edge and superiority advanced technology and quality leader.

Scott is correct and I understand LG is involved with the development and design of much of the latest DIRECTV advanced products so regardless of who manufactures the boxes I believe we will be loving DIRECTV's new advanced equipment.

-Robert

Well, FWIW, my H10 has been flawless for 4 months. Every other HD receiver I've had (5 of them) has had to be rebooted with some frequency. This one just keeps trucking on, although I don't think the HD PQ is as good as my old Sony HD 200. I WANT MPEG4!!!

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
The HTL-HD is a very nice and very slightly economy designed model of the Sony HD-300 and LG LSS-3200A.

Unquestionably LG made the best DIRECTV HD receivers and is a premier cutting edge and superiority advanced technology and quality leader.

-Robert

Neutron said:

Are you experiencing any problems with the word search feature, or is it just my unit? Other than that re-boot problem exiting the word search, the unit is great.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts