Big Shake-up to Happen on 99w and 101w C-band

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Titanium

AI6US
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 23, 2013
Meadow Vista, Northern California
Talked with Mike Kohl (Global Communications) this afternoon and learned some sad news. Mike broke the news tonight on the Sat Talk radio show that some of our favorite channels will be leaving 99w and 101w c-band around November 1st. His reliable sources say that the VI/PR mux, Fox/MeTV, and the Weigel Broadcasting stations will no longer be FTA and using other distribution.

We all know that services come and go in the FTA world and I will be sorry to see some of the favorites leave. I expected that the PR ABC was going away with the new affiliate signing, but this is too bad especially for the mini/micro buds.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So we are totally losing MeTV from FTA?

If this is true then I’m done with C-band. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

That really, really BURNS ME because while KBMT carries MeTV, the picture quality is absolute CRAP. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Definitely sad news for FTA. We can hope that the reliable source is wrong but in the world of FTA we all know how the channels come and go. I was considering putting a second c band dish up but will hold off on that now until the dust clears. No OTA option for MeTV here (or for much else OTA in my area for that matter).:(

The "give and take" of FTA ;) We were getting heavy on retro TV lately. I guess RTV will be more in demand again. And COZI is great! Hopefully the new distribution system includes better PQ for the discerning eye. I am going to miss ME at east coast times though.

Now I'm wondering if the many OTA channels I now have which are on these sats and others will also be stripped?
Not if your subchannels are legit affiliates. Sounds like a step to secure distribution and maintain product value for their affiliates.

A ton of other great channels to watch on C-band, so the sky is not falling on this Chicken Little!

Really, Really sad!! This was my only reason to keep a 10 footer in the roof!! So sad to say but people will keep heading to get in line/ OTA stations.

Which channels belong to Weigel Broadcasting?

There's a new "family" channel on 87w right now, looks good! I'll post it in the "What's Up There" protected Feed forum right now,

Last edited:
Yeah, I’m done with FTA. There’s nothing left for me.

It was fun and cool while it lasted but all good things come to an end.

This will make my soon coming move easier. Only taking ku dishes with me now. Will be giving away 2 10ft and 1 8ft C banders.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: Mr Tony
Don't spend much time messing with FTA anymore but saw this post....and I don't think Bounce TV is part of Weigel. Seen so much stuff come and go over the years I gave up on FTA a year ago or more. Too much money invested over the years to invest any more in it.

Yep! Family Net TV is also part of G16 99w 3791 H 1665. I read in other forum its showing to begin on Nov 1st too. I guess they will wipe out G16

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)