Big Ten Network

Weezknight

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Philly 'Burbs, PA
I'm just wondering why I'm not getting the Big 10 Network anymore? Did it move channels or something and I just can't find it?

I currently have the 250 package and I live in Pennsylvania. According to the website I should have it, and I used to, but now I don't see it.

That is weird. I have the top 250 as well. I still get it, and I'm in TX! What HD package do you have? I never downgraded from the old $20/mo. package.

I don't have the sports pack. But on the Dish website it says it is available with the 250 pack.

Big Ten Network

Network: Big Ten Network

Channel Name: BIG10

Category: SPORTS

Description: The Big Ten Network is dedicated to covering the Big Ten Conference and its 11 member institutions. The Big Ten Network provides unprecedented access to an extensive schedule of conference sports events and shows; original programs in academics, the arts and sciences; campus activities; and associated personalities. Sports programming includes live coverage of more major men's and women's events than ever before, along with news, highlights and analysis, all complemented by hours of university-produced campus programming. The network is available to all cable and satellite carriers and television distributors nationwide, with most programs offered in stunning high-definition television (HDTV). The Big Ten Network is a joint venture between subsidiaries of the Big Ten Conference and Fox Cable Networks. For more information regarding the Big Ten Network, visit Big Ten Network

Satellite:

Channel:
129 9500
110 439

Available in:

AMERICA'S "EVERYTHING" PAK
AMERICA'S TOP 100 PLUS
AMERICA'S TOP 100 PLUS (WITH LOCALS)
AMERICA'S TOP 200
AMERICA'S TOP 250
ANNUAL DISH LATINO DOS
DISH LATINO DOS & LOCAL
DISH LATINO DOS (W LOCALS)
DISH LATINO DOS DHA
DISH LATINO EVERYTHING PAK
DISH LATINO MAX & LOCAL
DISH LATINO MAX (W LOCALS)
DISH LATINO MAX DHA
DISH LATINO MAX-ENG/SPAN
DISH Latino Dos w/o Playboy Espanol
DISH Latino Max w/o Playboy Espanol
MULTI SPORT

That was for a "limited trial time" which ended recently. It is available to all Big Ten states, excluding the Philly area. (which would be you, I'm guessing)
As others have stated, just subscribe to the RSN sports pack and you will receive it.

Wait until August and subscribe then. There's nothing to watch on the regional channels until college football comes back as the MLB games are blacked out if they are not in your region. Why pay $6 more a month for no reason?

Also, it will cost you $5 to downgrade after football or basketball season is over (Don't get your hopes up about watching NBA or NHL games out of region either). I've found the multi-sports pack is only good for the college sports and will probably subscribe in August and cancel in December.

I'm just wondering why I'm not getting the Big 10 Network anymore? Did it move channels or something and I just can't find it?

I currently have the 250 package and I live in Pennsylvania. According to the website I should have it, and I used to, but now I don't see it.
Where in Pennsylvania do you live??? If you live in Philly, then you would not see it as Big Ten Network does not consider Philladelphia as part of the Big 10 Footprint. It could be added by purchasing the Multi-Sport Pack (for $5 I believe).

Geoff

I've found the multi-sports pack is only good for the college sports and will probably subscribe in August and cancel in December.
That is very true. If customers ask me about that in regards to MLB, I make sure they realize that most if not all of the games would be blacked out.

So far D* still has BTN as a non-sports pack channel anyone know if they will move it as well ???
That depends on if Direct is making money of their sports pack and/or premiere package. With Direct catering more towards Sports subs than Dish, I would not be surprised if Direct is making money off their sports pack due to the fact that they may have enough people signing up for it, while Dish is may be losing money, due to the fact that they may not have enough subscribers to their sports pack. To get more subscribers to a particular package, providers sometimes move channels around to make it more enticing or to force more people to upgrade.

That depends on if Direct is making money of their sports pack and/or premiere package. With Direct catering more towards Sports subs than Dish, I would not be surprised if Direct is making money off their sports pack due to the fact that they may have enough people signing up for it, while Dish is may be losing money, due to the fact that they may not have enough subscribers to their sports pack. To get more subscribers to a particular package, providers sometimes move channels around to make it more enticing or to force more people to upgrade.

Gotcha, thx !!!!!!!!!!

any ideas how many college football games will be shown in HD? within the sports pack.

That depends from week to week. Some weeks all of the Fox Sports regionals are showing the same games all Saturday, so I wouldn't need the sports pack since I get FoxSW in Fort Worth. But other weeks there will be up to 4 games on other Fox RSNs that I wouldn't get without the Sports Pack (mostly PAC-10 games), especially toward the end of the season for some reason.

But several of the NON-Fox RSNs carry ESPN+ content which is usually 2-3 games per Saturday (Usually channels CSNW-409, ALTI-410, and SNY-438). Sometimes one of the channels will black the game out, but usually at least two of them carry one or two non-blacked out ESPN+ games that you wouldn't get otherwise. It's usually Big East games.

Any ACC or SEC games in that appear on RSNs are always blacked out if you're out of market. But you can get an additional ACC game a week if you pay the extra two dollars a month to get Boston's WB network (WSBK-236) a la carte. (Cancellation fees apply at the end of the season.)

The Big Ten Network is incredible during Football season. They show just about every game that isn't covered by ESPN or ABC. They have like 3 Alternate channels so they can show 4 games at once.

Did I answer your question?

I'm sorry, I should add that HD in the RSNs is hit or miss. About half of the Sports Pack channels include HD. The Fox RSN football games will probably be HD but the ESPN+ games I was telling you about probably won't be. And, of course, WSBK-236 is NOT HD. Big Ten Network is completely HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)