Big thanks to fellow forum member, motor is runnin!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Optical Serenity

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 4, 2006
Marietta,GA
John Greene came over today (early too!) and helped me setup my motor. We took the little tv, a citronella candle, and the fortec star classic na out there.

So far, we've been able to get the motor working with IA5, IA6, IA8, and AMC3.

For some reason, when I switch from IA5 to IA6, it won't move the dish, and vice versa same thing. However, when I go from AMC3 to either one, it'll move them. So In order to get from IA5 to IA6, I have to switch to one of the other birds first...then to IA6...any ideas?

Thanks again to John Greene for spending way more time with me than I would have :) :up

Ok I noticed after my last post that the motor was listed in your eqpt.
Anyway, most of my satellites are set with USALs but a few are diseqc.Sometimes i have found the diseqc won't move positions and like you have had to go to another bird then back,don't know why.Maybe you could try setting one of them to USALs to try it.
Good luck with it and Cheers to John for helping you.

Dave

I'll try that out, we'll see. This is certainly one wild learning experience, that is for sure. I love the fact that with the motor on, I no longer have to go fool with moving it myself.

Kudos to John Greene for going out of his way to help our a fellow satellite guy. Great Job John :)

Thats what i love about this forum, people help others out.

drhydro said:
Kudos to John Greene for going out of his way to help our a fellow satellite guy. Great Job John :)

Thats what i love about this forum, people help others out.

agreed :clap :clap

I agree, and that is the true spirit of the what forums and the internet are all about. Truely a hobby!

On an unrelated note, my Fortec Star lifetime classic na is SUPER slow. Is the Mercury II better? The blind scan on this receiver takes around 12 minutes for all 166 TP freqs it tries, then another 4-6 minutes to search for channels on them. So, I need something faster...

OH, and did I mention the darn receiver sometimes freezes and then flat out turns off?

Last edited:
My LIfetime Ultra will do the same thing. It will suddenly go "wonky" and then shut itself off. I am pretty sure that it is temperature related. I have it and my D*TV H20 receiver in the same space in the TV cabinet and they both sit on the shelf directly above my audio receiver. I think I'm going to try to fry eggs or bake bread in there tomorrow morning for breakfast. I'm sure it's plenty hot enough in there to do either. :))

I bought a fan at walmart that sits behind all my equipment and rotates back and forth to air them out. I also put spacers between all of the equipment, because these boxes really do give off some serious heat.

hantu said:
My LIfetime Ultra will do the same thing. It will suddenly go "wonky" and then shut itself off. I am pretty sure that it is temperature related. I have it and my D*TV H20 receiver in the same space in the TV cabinet and they both sit on the shelf directly above my audio receiver. I think I'm going to try to fry eggs or bake bread in there tomorrow morning for breakfast. I'm sure it's plenty hot enough in there to do either. :))

The problem with the Fortec maybe that its too full!

A well known fix is to delete EVERY TP. bar one in each satellite. You will not loose any channels and the receiver should work a lot better. When you are blind scanning all the time the receiver gets loaded up with too many TP's

I'm starting to notice my Coolsat 5000 is doing things like that. Only problem is if I delete a transponder in the list, any channels associated with it go bye bye too :(

I know SBS6 had at one time 70+ TP's in it :eek:

Guess its time to upload it all on ChannelMaster.

Actually I thought about that too, and also in order to avoid long delays in doing FTA only scans, I deleted a bunch of TP's out of several of the satellites...G3C had almost 40! Guess it had some of IA5's stuff from blind scans.

I am pretty sure that in my case that it's the temperature. I used to have the receiver outside the TV cabinet on top of a speaker and never had a problem. Now that it is in the TV cabinet, it can freak out every once in a while. I haven't done that much scanning since I moved it, and I am pretty sure that I have done one factory reset since I put it in the cabinet.

Dunno. It's probably a good idea to go through and "clean out the cobwebs", anyway.

Thanks,
Hantu

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts