Big time wait for my install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Schmadic

Original poster
Jun 9, 2004
Well signed up for Voom and was scheduled for an install on 6/15 and the installer called and said i was 20th on the list and he hasn't recieved any new equipment in two weeks. So my install is being delayed until further notice. I guess it's cool that they called to tell me but now the waiting begins. Oh yeah i'm down in Tucson. Anyone else got a long wait ahead of them? :(

You can call VOOM and try to re-schedule with a different installer.
Welcome aboard!

I do, I live in Prescott but the installer is in Tucson so I am in the same boat. Only it will probably be even longer for me since it's a hell of a drive up here.

Hopefully everything works out for both of us.l

Yeah I'm definently excited for the HD and I figure if I'm 20th on the list they should have some experience installing them by the time they get to me. Hopefully I will be able to avoid some install hassles this way.Hopefully...

Yeah, you would think the installers would be getting better at it by now. But who knows? I still read about a lot of horror stories like mine, so I'm not sure. They are getting a lot of new customers, so if the number of botched installs we read about stays about the same, then one could assume the installers actually are getting better.

Good luck with it... Definately worth the wait. Plus, while you're waiting, you're not paying Voom a cent, so it's no big deal. After you get a botched install and are still waiting then it sucks because you ARE paying Voom for the "service".

-John

I also live in Tucson and got the same message as Schmadic. Was set to be installed on 6/14 but now I don't know when it will be installed. Direct Broadcast, the installer, said they would contact me in about 2 weeks. 20 people ahead of me.

My original date was May 28th; still waiting without a new appointment. :mad:

I find it quite intersting that me and Sherlock are both 20th on the list. Wonder what number i really am. :rolleyes:

Don't worry Schmadic. By the time we get installed we will probably get the new software, bigger dish and the DVR at the same time. :) Dosen't give me much confidence in Voom.

I'm in Mesa, AZ, 85215.. and just had my Voom install delayed too. It was originally scheduled for the 6/9, but the installer had to push it out to 6/19. :no The installer didnt mention me being in line for the installation, but atl least he was optimistic enough to reschedule the install 10 days later.

It almost looks like the whole state of Arizona is short on equipment. :(

Yeah I read that there were delays in other areas but nothing like the wait I have a feeling some of us down here in Arizona are in for. I wouldn't mind so much if I wasn't trapped with only Cox cable to watch.

Cox Cable has a few HD channels ready to go but I don't know when they will make them available to subscribers. That may be an alternative if Voom isn't going to ship the equipment to our end of the world any time soon. I don't mind waiting a few weeks but not for an extended period of time. Just spent $$$ on a new HD ready TV and want some programing to go with it.

Cox actually launched their HD service on the 8th but without the locals. Eventually they will get them but I watch more locals than anything so OTA is my best bet for locals. That and Cox's rate is much more than Voom and their analog really stinks at my house in mid-town.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts