Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Need some help guys

Got a Winegard 30" with a DMSI dual LNBF...I think its rated .5

But there are some news feeds that just don't come in good enough, and its probably due to low signal. I have the DirecPC dish, but its stationary.

What would work better? A 36" dish with the .5 or a lower rated LNB? (like a .4 or even a .3) on the 30"

Anybody done this and what kind of results have you seen? The LNB needs to be dual (2 receivers)

Is the signal dropping in and out? could be the lnb, but a bigger dish is always better. There are some nice 1 meter dishes out there.

not dropping out...just not enough quality
30 is the threshold on the Pansat 1500, and I'll get stuff around 20-22...not enough to keep a stable picture.

My 30 is motorized and the way its setup, a 36" might clear the roof (its on the backside of the roof at the edge so south looks over the roof)

What about trying another receiver? Would the Viacast be any better?

If you can another LNBF loaned to you then try that. I would be REALLY interesting in what that buys you since I am thinking of getting a .3 myself.

Iceberg said:
not dropping out...just not enough quality
30 is the threshold on the Pansat 1500, and I'll get stuff around 20-22...not enough to keep a stable picture.

My 30 is motorized and the way its setup, a 36" might clear the roof (its on the backside of the roof at the edge so south looks over the roof)

Ken
The Viacast has a lower sensibility than the Pansat

When I watch Sioux games on Fighting Sioux Sports Network, the DirecPC dish gives me a 75 on the Pansat and only a 45 on the Viacast and cuts out more on there.

A larger quality dish will provide additional gain and an increase in the signal over noise ratio being received by the LNB. A lower noise LNB will provide increased quality, but it only can amplify what it is being fed. Your money is best spent on a larger quality reflector with a stable LNB than to use a small or inefficient reflector with a low noise /high gain LNB.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts