Bigger Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tdti1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 23, 2004
Montreal, QC
If you have a big dish like me :) the best thing to do is to get a c/ku band feedhorn and then you will have everything.

1m Dish

For those who are looking for a 1 meter dish, I just bought one from DVBMaster for $134 including shipping. Once I get it set up I am going to target the elusive Telstar 11 in my eastern sky. My motorized dish is mounted on a parking meter post in my backyard. I am anxious to see how well my installation skills hold up with this bigger dish.

On a programming note, last night when I got off work, I came home and started watching the Peoples Network on AMC 4. They were showing a rare scifi movie, that had some scenes from an old Russian space movie. You could see the "red star" masked out in all the space scenes. Okay, it was a hokie movie, but it was great to see it. Wow, what a great channel. They show some really good stuff. I really like the nostalgic programs too.

MrM

MrMylesG said:
On a programming note, last night when I got off work, I came home and started watching the Peoples Network on AMC 4. They were showing a rare scifi movie, that had some scenes from an old Russian space movie. You could see the "red star" masked out in all the space scenes. Okay, it was a hokie movie, but it was great to see it. Wow, what a great channel. They show some really good stuff. I really like the nostalgic programs too.

I've noticed something similar, in the hobby store, model kits of German aircraft and zeppelins from the WWII era have round white circles instead of swastikas on them. Revisionist history strikes again!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)