Bill Hunt Picks The Winner

I didn't go with Laserdisc until I found a place that actually rented them. So it is the same for me with HD optical discs, only Netflix exists now. I joined Netflix after getting my PS3 mainly so that I rent HD movies.

I'm not sure if this is a sign of increased demand, but every Bluray disc I put in my queue has a wait time on it. It has taken weeks to get a Bluray disc that has been out for some time, where as a regular DVD may only show up with a wait when it is first released but available shortly thereafter.

How does the waitlists for HD-DVD on Netflix compare? Do you guys with the HD-DVD players see a long wait lists for HD-DVD movies also?

I rent HD DVD from Netflix, for the ones I don't think I want to purchase. I've had no problems - other than the standard Netflix "throttle down" if I send them back too soon (I have the 3 @ a time plan, and average 10-14 discs per month.

Scary Movie 4 & The Thing shipped out yesterday, plus a SD DVD of a BD release I wanted - Flyboys. Other HD DVD's in my Q are:

Hollywoodland (short wait)
Nacho Libre (avail. now)
The Breakup (avail. now)
Reds (avail. now)
Superman II (avail now)
Derailed (long wait)
Breakfast Club (avail now)

In the past week or so I've received Beerfest, Accepted & Scorpian King, all with no wait. My Netflix shipping facility is Phoenix, and HD DVD's ship quickly. I'm thinking the "retired folks" who such a large part of our population are not big users of high def. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts