Bill

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rkr0923

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 26, 2004
South
Does this seem right? I think I'm getting ripped off from what other people say they pay.
TOTAL CHOICE PLUS $51.99 $0.00
09/08/2007 HD Access $9.99 $0.00
09/08/2007 Network: CBS from NYC/LA $2.25 $0.00
09/08/2007 Additional Receiver - Charge $4.99 $0.00
09/08/2007 Network: NBC from NYC/LA $2.25 $0.00
09/08/2007 Network: ABC from NYC/LA $2.25 $0.00
09/08/2007 Network: FOX from NYC/LA $2.25 $0.00
09/08/2007 Additional Receiver - Charge $4.99 $0.00
09/08/2007 DIRECTV DVR Service $5.99 $0.00
09/08/2007 Leased Receiver $4.99 $0.45

what do you feel like you are being over charged for? every thing looks normal

If you don't get HD locals you should get the HD DNS at no cost.

I thought I read where that was changed.
Maybe I'm just lucky.;)

I don't pay for the HD DNS, and I turned off the SD channels a long time ago.

But you must still pay for the DNS service, which is done on a per channel basis. Also, HD DNS channels will require an additional waiver which may or may not be approved.
Not always true ! If your local networks aren't in HD only SD D* will give you atleast 1 HD DNS channel at no cost. I get Fox 5 HD out of NY,Channel 88. For Free. But they will not give you the SD version without a waiver.I've not heard of anyone getting more then one HD DNS in this situation.And in my area Fox NY is the ONLY one they will grant you unless you can not receive any locals in your area. Then it would be priced by each channel.

Last edited:
Not true ! If your local networks aren't in HD only SD D* will give you atleast 1 HD DNS channel at no cost. I get Fox 5 HD out of NY,Channel 88. For Free. But they will not give you the SD version without a waiver.I've not heard of anyone getting more then one HD DNS in this situation.And in my area Fox NY is the ONLY one they will grant you unless you can not receive any locals in your area. Then it would be priced by each channel.

Assuming your local SD channels approve the waiver. The OP never stated if he was getting SD or HD or both for locals. The charges would be correct if he was paying DNS SD feeds on each of those networks.

I called about getting a national HD feed, whether it be FOX, NBC, ABC, CBS.. I was willing to pay for them, in Syracuse they carry them on TW cable at no fee. Anyway when I called they didn't offer me one!!! They said they would submit a waiver and I would find out in 45 days or less. They also stated that only approx 1 of 5 waivers is accepted. Should I call them back and ask about getting at least 1 channel?? Am I authorized that 1 channel?? It's really kinda lame considering Buffalo an hour and a half away gets the national/local HD channels .....

I get the local SD feeds, but watching SD feeds is frustrating when the HD feeds are there for the viewing!!! :(

I called about getting a national HD feed, whether it be FOX, NBC, ABC, CBS.. I was willing to pay for them, in Syracuse they carry them on TW cable a no fee. Anyway when I called they didn't offer me one!!! They said they would submit a waiver and I would find out in 45 days or less. They also stated that only approx 1 of 5 waivers is accepted. Should I call them back and ask about getting at least 1 channel?? Am I authorized that 1 channel?? It's really kinda lame considering Buffalo an hour and a half away gets the national/local HD channels .....
It comes down to what "IWC 5893" said if your local market will allow it it will be free,and theres no waiver process,but if they told you you need waivers then you need waivers. They know what they are aloud to give you in about 5 minutes,If they tell you wait 45 days,you can bet on not getting them.

It comes down to what "IWC 5893" said if your local market will allow it it will be free,and theres no waiver process,but if they told you you need waivers then you need waivers. They know what they are aloud to give you in about 5 minutes,If they tell you wait 45 days,you can bet on not getting them.

They did say that if my waiver was approved they would be free. But I'm confused as to what your saying about the waiver process. I'm under the assumption that DTV cannot appove my request in 5 minutes and is the whole reason of submitting a waiver request. If the waiver approval comes down to nothing more than random people getting waivers for no justifiable reason, or me getting denied for no specific reason. Do I not have just cause to file some kind of discrimanatory complaint ?, seems to me they couldn't just approve my neighbors request and deny mine without some kind of just cause soley basing there decision process on random selection....:confused:

They did say that if my waiver was approved they would be free. But I'm confused as to what your saying about the waiver process. I'm under the assumption that DTV cannot appove my request in 5 minutes and is the whole reason of submitting a waiver request. ....:confused:
Waiver process is a pain,But you don't always need a Waiver,depending on where you live what your requesting.Like in my case Scranton Wilks-Barre locals allows Directv to give me a NY HD feed,But only FOX.I can only get this because SW locals aren't avail.in HD except for OTA,But in my area they know its impossible to receive OTA.But ABC,NBC,and CBS for my area would need an approved waiver.Which was NOT approved ,I tryed. and Most are not approved if you have local networks in your area.What I mean by they would know in 5 minutes,if your approved for it by rule of your local networks,NOT DIRECTV, It will show up approved,Or it will say waiver needed.Which means your asking your local networks permission to access these DNS channels through D*. They could say yes and they could say no.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)