Billing question about upgrading to the Hopper from other DISH DVRs

jbarr

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2013
Anderson, SC
OK, so my wife and I upgraded to a Hopper, and all is well. We showed it to my in-laws, and they decided that they want to upgrade. Problem is, DISH is telling them that it will cost them $31 MORE than their current bill to upgrade. This doesn't seem to make sense.

Here's the scenario....

They currently have 2 612 DVRs. They would like to simply replace them with 2 Hoppers and no Joeys. They understand the concept of the Hopper/Joey setup, and they decided that for their setup, they simply want 2 Hoppers.

With two 612 DVR receivers, their current fees are $10 for one HD DVR Receiver, plus $7 for DVR Service which totals $17. It looks like their original package may have included a free receiver--I'm not sure.

The DISH CSR told my brother-in-law that to upgrade to two Hoppers,
they are going to charge $24 for the two Hoppers and $14 for the DVR service, But they reduced the DVR charge to $7 instead because they are good customers.

Does this sound correct?

They are very excited about the Hopper, but it seems that every time they talk with a DISH CSR, they somehow get information that doesn't sound right. I may have to call on their behalf, since I seem to have better luck in working with CSRs.

?Suggestions?

Last edited:
The first receiver on the account is included in the programming cost and the DVR fee is $12. It should be $12 for the DVR fee and $12 for Hopper 2 which would be a total of $24. Which is an increase of $7.

The first receiver on the account is included in the programming cost and the DVR fee is $12. It should be $12 for the DVR fee and $12 for Hopper 2 which would be a total of $24. Which is an increase of $7.
That's what I thought. We'll have to call them back.

Go through DIRT!!!

I did just that (thanks "Ray C@DISH Network"!) and he confirmed that the equipment cost for 2 Hoppers is $24. So my in-laws should only incur an additional $7 over what they are now paying to upgrade from 2 612's to 2 Hoppers with no Joeys. Time to make another call....

I did just that (thanks "Ray C@DISH Network"!) and he confirmed that the equipment cost for 2 Hoppers is $24. So my in-laws should only incur an additional $7 over what they are now paying to upgrade from 2 612's to 2 Hoppers with no Joeys. Time to make another call....
Why make the call, let DIRT do it! ;)

Backfeeding issues

Charged $15 for service call for tech to install dish on a pole

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)