Please reply by conversation.

kishoreda

Original poster
Sep 28, 2010
USA
Guys as you see I am new, hopefully I posted at the right place
I have a Birdog meter version 2.50 and using windows 7
My cable is a 9pin serial to ethernet type cable
I downloaded the 2 files from birdig.tv, one is the driver and the other generates program.

when I connect my birdog 2.50 to my PC, my PC doesn't make a sound "find new hardware"

Any help will be appreciated !!

First, is that the cable that came with the unit? Second, have you checked to make sure the serial port is enabled in the device manager. And finally have you checked your manual that Windows 7 is a supported operating system for 2.50 software version I've checked the online manual and it's not listed.

Last edited:
Ok thanks buddy for the help

Yes the cable is the one that comes with the unit and I ordered it from sadoun and I gave them the correct part number , which I got from my manual
I went to device manager and >>port>> com1 and com 2 is selected

and as far as windows 7 supported ? since this is an older model, maybe windows is the problem you think ??

So, you suggest I install XP and try it or what do you recommend ?

Thanks a lot

If you have XP then I'd give that a try or give the manufacture a call and ask them if that model is supported under Windows 7.

It should work fine with Win7.

Keep in mind that com ports on a PC do not provide plug-and-play support. So long as the cable is plugged in, before you hit the transfer menu, go to the "ComPort" menu and choose which com port you're hooked up to, com1/2/3/4 as the case may be.

I have a BirdDog 2.50 and use Win 7 to update it. It works better than XP in fact. However, as Cracklin referred to in his post you must make sure the program is using the Com Port that Windows assigned to it or you will get nowhere. If you do that it works well. I also use a USB to serial converter with mine as I don't have a serial port.

I have a BirdDog 2.50 and use Win 7 to update it. It works better than XP in fact. However, as Cracklin referred to in his post you must make sure the program is using the Com Port that Windows assigned to it or you will get nowhere. If you do that it works well. I also use a USB to serial converter with mine as I don't have a serial port.

Thanks cracklin and vanalex and sergei

Awh men, I totally destroyed my Win 7 and installed XP to see if that was the problem, after installing the XP I am getting the same error "Error ACK not received"
As you mentioned I made sure come1 is selected before I hit transfer, all cable is connected , when I hit transfer I get that error :confused:
Now I am gonna go back to reinstalling my win 7
Anyone who solved my problem , I will send him a $10 giftcard from starbucks coffee , :)
thanks

Is this a new Birddog box or did you buy it on EBay? Also just what type /brand PC are you using?

Last edited:
Is this a new Birddog box or did you buy it on EBay? Also just what type /brand PC are you using?
I bought it from craigslist
Its has about 10 presets on it, like direct tv dish network and etc...
i am using 2 different PCs one is custom made I made from scratch
the other one with win 7 is Lenovo dual core
everything else with my PC works fine including full audio editing and video editing

So you've got two PC's which I'm guessing one a desktop and the other might be a laptop. So if your setting are correct and nothing is disabled in windows it sounds like you need to test the serial ports with a loop back tester or with another serial device to see if you have a hardware problem, like a US Robotic modem. The other thing maybe the Birddog has a bad serial port with either a driver or receiver chip blown. Like was mentioned in a previous post can you hook up to your USB port with a serial converter. Also I'm guessing that the manual might have given you the port settings that the Birddog might need.

So you've got two PC's which I'm guessing one a desktop and the other might be a laptop. So if your setting are correct and nothing is disabled in windows it sounds like you need to test the serial ports with a loop back tester or with another serial device to see if you have a hardware problem, like a US Robotic modem. The other thing maybe the Birddog has a bad serial port with either a driver or receiver chip blown. Like was mentioned in a previous post can you hook up to your USB port with a serial converter. Also I'm guessing that the manual might have given you the port settings that the Birddog might need.
Ok thanks buddy again...

Actually I have 2 desktops one with win 7 and the other is XP
Today I went and bought a cable ( USB to Serial ) so, I connected the female connector of my birdog to and the other end, which is a USB to my PC(with win7)
as soon as I connected the USB cable to my PC,I heard the sound when you connect a USB device, then I got a message saying "found new hardware" then this message appeared "Device Driver software was not installed successfully" and below it say "unidentified device"
:confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts