Birdog USB Plus 4.0 and Dishnetwork birds

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

epifano83

Original poster
Oct 2, 2008
Hi I just recently purchased Birdog 4.0 and wanted to program the dishnetwork birds to peak a dish 500 plus, does anybody now what birds I need to download to do this, I had to modify my preconfigure settings as well to add some directv birds.

Is the Birdog 4.0 the same as the USB 1+? If so, you can go to Birdog.tv and build a device plugins list on the configure page.

On the Dish500+ you'll just set your skew and elevation for your location, then connect to 2D and peak to 119. The rest will fall into place.

BTW, with the recent changes to 110, we can't read it on the Birdog any longer. I notice the 110 plugin was just revised, so I hope they've fixed the forward error correction so we can see it again. ...Trying it today...

DishPpro 110 west and DishPro119 west are the two primary ones you need. The Birdog should come with them pre-programed but the 110 has changed and you have to upload the new configuration.

I guess I just figured out why I couldn't get 110 with my birdog. I messed with the dish for hours. Finally I set it for 119 and went in the house and shazam all was good. I guess I will go to birdog and update my meter. As Homer would say DOOOHHH.

You can point the Dish using the dish point screen [menu] [6] [1] [1]. Its easy if you have a small tv and receiver you can take outside. Otherwise use a second person on a phone or radio to tell you the numbers. But if you want to use what the pros use, Applied Instruments Super Buddy Satellite Signal Level Meter. They run almost $700 though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)