Birds and Bird Droppings.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HDTVFanAtic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 23, 2005
Its that time of the year where birds from all over the USA start their trek home. It appears that since I have so many dishes up now on the roof, I am now rated on the AAA places to stop on the way with nice clean dishes to crap on - I guess I have good restroom facilities :(

They love all the satellite dishes and relieve themselves of the berries and everything they are chowing down on.

A good rainstorm will wash them off (of course that only to the roof, but its better than seeing all the crap on the Dish) but I was wondering if anyone has ever used some of those plastic owls on top of their dishes or anything to keep them away?

And god knows which forum this should really go under, lol.

you could try those plastic owls lol. but they would probably crap on those too lol they crap where ever they dont even care lol

Good point and a good laugh guys. :)

Don't know if owls always work. CVS pharmacy uses them on every word, but they still have nests in the C's and a's and sometimes y's :)

Scarecrow would make for good decoration tho :)

hmm, if they are landing on upper lip of the dish and then doing the dirty deed, maybe making the top lip of the dish uncomfortable to stand on might help. Metal "back tacking" strips (used in upholstery) or carpet edge tacking strips affixed to the upper lip of the dish comes to mind....

hmm, if they are landing on upper lip of the dish and then doing the dirty deed, maybe making the top lip of the dish uncomfortable to stand on might help. Metal "back tacking" strips (used in upholstery) or carpet edge tacking strips affixed to the upper lip of the dish comes to mind....

They sit and crap everywhere....

on the top of the dish.

lnb struts

on the lnbs

the second Toroidal refelector.

I purchases an owl at Home Depot for $14, lol....we will see.

They sit and crap everywhere....

on the top of the dish.

lnb struts

on the lnbs

the second Toroidal refelector.

I purchases an owl at Home Depot for $14, lol....we will see.

Good Luck and let us know how it works :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts