Birdview 8.5' mesh dish for sale

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mnmhill

Original poster
Jun 13, 2011
Mid Missouri
I have a Birdview 8.5' mesh dish for sale...I say mesh but as most of you know its not the mesh panels as some dishes are made of but a one piece mesh horizon to horizon dish.

I will take best offer

it has no feedhorn or electronics...i have the LNB somewhere but may never find it.

I would also like someone to confirm that these are made of aluminum so I could recycle the dish if I'm not offered much for it dish.jpg

I'm pretty sure that those dishes can not be recycled or scrapped, they are made of unobtanium. ;)

Where is "Mid-Missouri"?

That pipe the dish is mounted on is pretty small looking, do you have any more pics of the back/mount?

the pipe is smaller like for the standard mesh dishes but its a reinforced heavy gauge pipe...and on the top of that is a welded cap so that the birdview mount will secure to the pole...I live around the Lake of the Ozarks in the middle of Missouri.
the dish is facing straight. one day many years ago i got no reception and noticed that the dish was sitting straight. I dont know if it sheared a pin or what happened. I never tried to take it apart because we were on the verge at that time of switching to a directv system, and that just made up our mind for us.

label.jpgmount.jpg

Birdview is made of ???

Is there no one who really knows what material the birdview dish is made of?...its not magnetic...and when scratched, it looks just like aluminum...maybe an alloy?...can anyone do better than my guessing? surely someone has recycled one, or at least tried.

It is blasphemy to even think of recycling a Birdview or any dish in that good condition!:(

You should fix that beautiful perforated dish and put it back in use. Lots of channels and feeds up there.

Phlat, you should add it to your collection, you would have a whole Birdview subdivision in your Dish farm. You might even get the outgoing BVOC Pres to give you a promotion from asst cook to head cook.:D

They are aluminum. Confirmed. It was called "spun aluminum" in the sales jargon. But, if you recycle it, officially I never said that. Its a worthless alloy. Please DO find someone for it.

I know...I hate to do that to a good dish...but if no one close will come and get it, I'll have to do something..I am a musician in need of extra cash for a new guitar. And "Radio"...do you mean they wont take them to be recycled ?....or do you mean, they tell you they are worthless and then turn around and make lots of money recycling them????

Talking about recycling a Birdview will get you thrown out.
Please don't ask any more.

Find it a good home. That's what it deserves.
Don't expect much money for it.
Especially since it's not on the factory pole
Most of us have gotten ours for free.

I guess a straight answer to the question I asked is to much to ask...for a dish, so prized, and yet...no one in my area wants or needs one so what is left....the recycle center...which is my last resort, nevertheless something has to be done with it. that is why I asked the above question....."they wont take them to be recycled ?....or do you mean, they tell you they are worthless and then turn around and make lots of money recycling them."

I just want to know the answer before my last resort takes place.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2559835

I think all the recycle talk is meant to be tongue in check. Not in the sense that they will not recycle the unit, but in the "perish the thought" sense of people who love the hobby. Another person, also from Missouri, has had their birdview for sale since April with a roof mount for $200. I live in the bootheel near Sikeston so how far are you from me.

I think all the recycle talk is meant to be tongue in check. Not in the sense that they will not recycle the unit, but in the "perish the thought" sense of people who love the hobby. Another person, also from Missouri, has had their birdview for sale since April with a roof mount for $200. I live in the bootheel near Sikeston so how far are you from me.

it looks like about 300 miles...I know, thats a long way for a dish
and btw...I know people did it...but I never could imagine putting something that big on a rooftop...at least not mine.

Oh, I would not put it on my roof either mnmhill. But I still like the roof mount idea but closer to the ground of course. I really was just trying to give you a cost basis to see if you really wanted to continue to sell it or salvage it. I doubt you will get $200 for it anyway. I don't know about others but I look on craigslist besides here when I am looking for a dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)