birdview article

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Charles A. Ross

Thanks Truck,
Great article! I wonder what he is doing now because the article speaks of 1984. With all the popularity with his Birdviews from this site as well as others and for all the people who are fans of Birdviews, do you think we could encourage him to rekindle the workings of producing Birdview parts and systems. Like maybe a letter or petition to him supporting him in this action? I realize it would be a long shot but trying to be positive in this thought or Dream for Birdviews rising under the ashes like the great Phoenix!:eureka

TOM
:D :hungry:

I actually posted that article a couple of months ago in the birdview logo's thread, but I could never find anymore info on him. Just curious what became of him or what his next "toy" might have been.

edit: Looks like he was ceo of Icop Digital in 2004 an electronic surveillance company.

Thanks for the link, but I had read that article before even OSU posted it. Caddata posted the link last year, and I did a little leg work on the internet and got a phone number in Olathe, KS for Mr. Ross.

I called a couple of times and left messages stating I wanted to talk about the Birdview dishes and the history of them, but never got a call back. :(

I am still using my Birdview 8.5 solid dish that I got in 1982 but didn't get the positioner with it at that time because I figured I could move it by hand to the only two satellites that had anything to watch.
A couple years later I got the Birdview positioner. It has worked perfect since then. I did have to grease it once.
I am wondering if anybody has there birdview set up for FTA and if so what there setup looks like.
I have been playing around with FTA for a year or so and have a couple primestar dishes that I use for the Microyal 900 but have not tried doing anything else with them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts