birdview dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rainmaker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2006
Louisa KY
anybody using the birdview dishes any more.I just found and bought one for $75 also has the HH motor.approxmately 8 footer not got it down yet to get accurate measurement.will do that tomorrow.:)

rainmaker said:
anybody using the birdview dishes any more.I just found and bought one for $75 also has the HH motor.approxmately 8 footer not got it down yet to get accurate measurement.will do that tomorrow.:)
I serviced a few of those back in my C Band sat biz days - as I recall, the mount fit on a huge pipe, seems like it was about 6" diameter. Also, many came with a pot sensor originally and had to be converted to a reed sensor. I hope this one has been converted and the LNBs are standard and not the original Birdview LNCs.

you can still buy the conversion kit for the reed sensor. also not going to use the feed horn going to set it up for digital c'ku with the bsc621-2 or the geo sat lnbf.
will the moteck v box operate the motor?:)

will the moteck v box operate the motor?

Yes, if you install the reed switch and magnetic wheel. Skyvision sells the conversion kit. It's very easy to install.

Is yours a solid or perforated? If it's a solid it's probably an 8.5' or at least all the ones I've seen are. I'd like to find a larger one if they exist.

Be careful not to drive the motor too far east or west as there are no hard limits and the big gear will bang against the back of the dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)