Birdview Hunting Society humor

Status
Please reply by conversation.

caddata

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 8, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
I thought this post in the local (Jacksonville, FL) Craig's List might be funny to those engaged in the hunting and retrieval of those elusive Birdview systems.

FREE DISH SATELLITE 10' Diameter

Reply to: sale-373757032@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-07-14, 1:21PM EDT

Birdview satellite Dish ten feet in diameter and heavy. You must prove to me you are capable of the task. All you would need is a receiver and lnb and a new post to get the unit working. Dish did yaw horizon to horizon ...this unit is bullet proof and heavy. This is not an easy job please consider this before
responding...you will need ladder truck rope tools ...lotsa help!
Dish itself is made of aluminum...I think
Good Luck I hope somebody out there can use this!
Will email pic at request....Thanks for looking

The old dishowner wants beforehand proof of your abilities and an equipment requirement to qualify for the uninstall.

Harold

AL isn't that close to you ........
you can get a long pole and mount it beside the other two dishes

i would love to have a 10 ft birdview .... let see 8 - 10 hr drive to florida hmmm....

AL isn't that close to you ........
you can get a long pole and mount it beside the other two dishes

i would love to have a 10 ft birdview .... let see 8 - 10 hr drive to florida hmmm....
Yes George, kinda close. It's about a 3 1/2 hour one way drive to Downtown Jacksonville. I can get to the Jacksonville/Duvall County line in less than 3 hours. It's a bit further than I want to go, but it's definitely something to think about. Also from downtown it's about 45 minutes or so to the beach, Duvall County is huge. That dish could be anywhere in the county, so it would be hard to determine the time. On the Plus side, I have several relatives in the area, so I could have an affordable overnighter. Decisions, decisions, why do we wind up with decisions? I'll probably pass on this?
On another note, I still have hopes for the smaller one I've found locally. After finally getting around to go and see about it, I found it has a small hunk (about 6"-8") missing from the right side. It looks like maybe something backed into it or hit it. It's high enough to make my guess a tractor trailer or an industrial delivery van. Inside the office, there was no one to talk to about it. They would not give me a number, but they did take mine. I haven't heard from anyone yet, it was on the 4th when I was there, I think I'll wait till August and go back. I did find out that they were on the Cable, so it should be available? If this doesn't work out, maybe the one in Jacksonville will still be there? Like I said, it's something to think about.

Al

Shoot yes Al!!

If you've got relatives there, and can get them to help you load it, and have a nice overnight visit, why not.

That would be better than one that is damaged that you have to muck with.

If it was 3 and a half hours from me, I would now be enroute. :D

Go for it guy!

Fred

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts