Birdview LNBF mount

N6BY

Geek
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 1, 2006
Roseville, CA 121W
The photo shows the LNBF mount I am trying to use with my Birdview dish. The LNBF is held in place using an interference fit that has some black electrical tape wound around the throat.

I used the same mount with my previous Birdview dish and it worked OK, but not great. I need to come up with a better mount because I have found that KU LNBF placement is very critical. Also, as you can see in the photo the LNBF is sagging a bit.

I need something where I can adjust the focal distance and tighten it when its optimized. A couple of millimeters can be 2 dB of difference in signal.

Any ideas?

BvMount.jpg

Reactions: Titanium
I'd be tempted to get a thick piece of plexiglass, and drill it out to fit inside. Or, make it square, and bolt it over the original hole. Then drill a new center hole just big enough for the KU lnb to fit. Don't use wood, because when it gets wet it'll swell up.

Reactions: N6BY and Titanium
I'd be tempted to get a thick piece of plexiglass, and drill it out to fit inside. Or, make it square, and bolt it over the original hole. Then drill a new center hole just big enough for the KU lnb to fit. Don't use wood, because when it gets wet it'll swell up.
Thats a good idea. I still have a small piece of 1/2" PVC which would substitute for plexiglass. This time I could use a drill instead of a jigsaw to cut the hole more accurately.

Reactions: primestar31
I used a 15/16" drill bit to make the LNBF hole. That was a little small so I round filed it till it barely fit. The small square of PVC is attached to the LNB mounting plate with a couple of screws. Adjustment is very easy now and it stays in place. :)

SideView.jpg

Below is the view RimaNTSS wanted. I hadn't really noticed it until I took this photo, but now I can see that the KU LNBF is off center. Tomorrow I'll try to fix that.

DishView.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)