Birdview Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

hoot550

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2007
Colorado
Hi Everyone!

I've stumbled across a solid Birdview that looks like it is in very good shape and I need some advice. The people insist on selling it for $50. Birdview dishes are rare in my part of the world, I've yet to see any one other than this.

I don't know much about them, but they say it has "everything" and "gets only analog channels." All I have seen at this point are pictures, though, because it's about 60 miles away. If I'm going to drive to look at it, I might as well be prepared to take if off their hands. :)

I've taken a philosophy of not paying any more for my dish addiction, but this seems like a pretty good deal. What do you think? :confused:

Hi Everyone!

I've stumbled across a solid Birdview that looks like it is in very good shape and I need some advice. The people insist on selling it for $50. Birdview dishes are rare in my part of the world, I've yet to see any one other than this.

I don't know much about them, but they say it has "everything" and "gets only analog channels." All I have seen at this point are pictures, though, because it's about 60 miles away. If I'm going to drive to look at it, I might as well be prepared to take if off their hands. :)

I've taken a philosophy of not paying any more for my dish addiction, but this seems like a pretty good deal. What do you think? :confused:
Hello Hoot 550,
You say that the Birdview is in very good shape and you would have to drive a whole 60 mile for it and pay $50. Hmmmm. Let me answer that one for you! I got one a few months ago in Plano Texas for Free. However I live in Central Florida. I had to drive my Truck there to get it and Diesel Fuel fuel was around $4.69 to $4.99 a gallon. I was getting about 12.3 miles to the gallon. In other words I paid a lot for the fuel. It was worth it in the end because now I have one! I tried looking in Florida I couldn't find any Birdviews! I would have counted myself Lucky to get one for $50 and live only 60 miles away. It also sounds like there is an analog reciever there. If you get a newer reciever you can get the digital channels too. I would gladly trade places with you and I would get it!

Tom
:D

Hello Hoot 550,
You say that the Birdview is in very good shape and you would have to drive a whole 60 mile for it and pay $50. Hmmmm. Let me answer that one for you! I got one a few months ago in Plano Texas for Free. However I live in Central Florida. I had to drive my Truck there to get it and Diesel Fuel fuel was around $4.69 to $4.99 a gallon. I was getting about 12.3 miles to the gallon. In other words I paid a lot for the fuel. It was worth it in the end because now I have one! I tried looking in Florida I couldn't find any Birdviews! I would have counted myself Lucky to get one for $50 and live only 60 miles away. It also sounds like there is an analog reciever there. If you get a newer reciever you can get the digital channels too. I would gladly trade places with you and I would get it!

Tom

I'm hoping to stop by and inspect it in person shortly. However, in the pictures I got, you can still see the Birdview logo on the front of it, so the paint looks to be in good shape. I gather you're suggesting that I might as well stop by the ATM, borrow a pickup and grab some rope when I inspect it. ;)

I just purchased a new 4DTV receiver (922), so I'm more excited about the dish itself. Now, I just have to convince my better half that we need another big dish sitting in the back of the garage for some future project. :)

take the short journey and get the Birdview

I'm hoping to stop by and inspect it in person shortly. However, in the pictures I got, you can still see the Birdview logo on the front of it, so the paint looks to be in good shape. I gather you're suggesting that I might as well stop by the ATM, borrow a pickup and grab some rope when I inspect it. ;)

I just purchased a new 4DTV receiver (922), so I'm more excited about the dish itself. Now, I just have to convince my better half that we need another big dish sitting in the back of the garage for some future project. :)

Hello Hoot 550 ,
Yes I’m suggesting that if the photo’s look good to you take the short journey and get the Birdview. They do break down differently then other dishes do. I hope you will have some help along with you when you get it. Because it breaks down differently I’m enclosing a link to my thread where I was asking for help on getting my first Birdview. I got some help from a member here that has more then one Birdview, his name is Linuxman. He made a post with a step by step instructions. I suggest that you follow that advice. Take a camera now as we would like to see lots of photos of your Birdview adventure!

TOM
Journal of my two satellite dishes going up, beginning to the end #128 (permalink)

Last edited:
Hoot -
Post us the pictures you have now, if that's possible.
I'm sure you'll get more fine feedback.

If you don't get a chance 'till after you go see it in person, you'd darned well better come back with some high resolution shots for us! - :eek:

Take the money with you, and take along at least 2 or 3 friends, and follow the steps I wrote for Thomas. It will come apart very nicely, and you will have a dish that is the envy of everyone on this forum.

It is well worth the $50.00 and being such a short distance from you it will be very easy to get.

As Anole says, lots of high-resolution pictures will help us to help you. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)